Unconventional Blue Forces?

Scipio

I wonder if unconventional blue forces ain't something that has been forgotten in CMSF? I guess all the folks working for companies like Black Water fall under this category. Even if they (maybe...) don't play a role in large offensive operations, they are surely important in many defensive situations before, during and after the CMSF time frame.

Two thoughts:

- You can probably easily enough use Syrian Uncons or Spec Ops forces to simulate merc contractors on the blue side. Some minor differences in weapons used, but this is of little tactical consequence - from what I have seen, the mercs use a mishmash of weaponry, of both Western and Soviet origin.

- In any event, BFC has stated that CMSF is attempting to model the "hot" war, not the peacekeeping/counter insurgency campaign that would surely follow. I really doubt the Blackwater guys were running around Iraq during the "hot" part of GWII, and I don't think things would be any different in a hypothetical Syrian campaign. Of course, it is possible (and people already have) pushed the CMSF engine to model things beyond its intended scope (Afghanistan, Iraq, East Africa, etc.), but it shouldn't come as any surprise that things are a bit incomplete when you try to model this sort of thing.

Cheers,

YD

The Syrian special forces in the game are actually dressed very much like Pakistani Special Forces, judging from brief newsclips i recently spotted. I'm not exactly sure where Syria would get a supply of black 'fritz' kevlar helmets, so using Syrian SF as Blue foreign contract whatchacallits *might* be more accurate than using them as Syrians! smile.gif