OK -- NOW I'm annoyed

So, I'm busy trying to take Al Hawl, and I have a squad in a building, and want to advance them in bounds down the back of some buildings, where they can't be seen (See the yellow line in the link).

I issue the orders and execute. Suddenly, my guys become suicidal, and decide to take a stroll down the street, with their backs to AN ENEMY TANK (See the red line in the link).

Link to photo

Needless to say, they wound up in bits at the bottom of a crater, and I ended up VERY unhappy. I'd have yelled at the computer, but it's 5:25am and I'd wake people up.

Things like this REALLY need to be fixed...fast...

A had problem like this in the first campaign mission. A ordered two Strykers to drive into the barracks compound (already cleared the entrace of enemy units). One was ont the left lane of road, another on the right lane. The left one went in, the right one went around the outside wall of the compound. This happened repeatedly, looks like the right lane was unpassable to Styker, but it looked normal (no crater or anything).

What would help in situation like this, would be LOS-like tool showing computed path. Basically it could work just like the target order showing LOS, this would show intended path when using the move order, possibly after right click.

Originally posted by Krinks:

So, I'm busy trying to take Al Hawl, and I have a squad in a building, and want to advance them in bounds down the back of some buildings, where they can't be seen (See the yellow line in the link).

I issue the orders and execute. Suddenly, my guys become suicidal, and decide to take a stroll down the street, with their backs to AN ENEMY TANK (See the red line in the link).

Link to photo

Needless to say, they wound up in bits at the bottom of a crater, and I ended up VERY unhappy. I'd have yelled at the computer, but it's 5:25am and I'd wake people up.

Things like this REALLY need to be fixed...fast...

Yeah I yell at the computer too "for F%#ks sake you stupid C%#ts where the F$#k are you going", but they dont here me and then they die.

Very Frustrating!

i find, most of the problems result when there are other vehicles nearby, wich are maybe standing, but still the vehicle tries to avoid them.

i had a stryker, wich was tasked with 50m slow forward. it simply moved in revers and drove there in reverse.

luckilie no enemys around, but the next vehicles where about 15m to the left and right wich seemed to puzzle the moving vehicle. i never saw strange behaviour by a single vehicle in open ground.