CMSF STINKS!

Oh my God!!

Don't tell me you inhaled that? You really didn't, did you?

I guess there is still time...

I can't guarantee this to be 100% true but I heard from a source that the game was released late because the company that was printing the manual ran out of paint. They were facing a lot of pressure due to the dead lines so they went all over the place looking for a supplier. There was this cargo ship apparently coming from Lybia with some dark substance to sell for a very good price. It looked pretty much like black paint. They decided to buy it and use it to print the manual. It seems that it is harmless. Unless you keep it sealed with no ventilation at all for a few months. Then it becomes extremely poisonous if inhaled. You know you have been contaminated if you feel a strong urge to be in front of the computer for long hours and can't stop playing CM:SF.

--

I agree.

Between the PBEM save file size issue and the fact that a PBEM quick battle placed both sides on the same side of the map, causing a nuclear holocaust on both sides forces on the opening turn.

My prediction is that Combat Mission: Shock Force will end up on the Hall of Fame of history as one of the worst games ever produced.

Interesting! Well, most things that come from the printer do have a smell to them. I haven't noticed the CM materials being any more stinky than anything else. But everybody's noses are different ;)

I think if you leave the manual out in the air it should rid itself of the obnoxious orders and you'll be set after that. It won't reacquire that smell, though depending on where you put the manual it might absorb a new one. I therefore do not recommend putting it near the catbox or in a dark cavity in your basement smile.gif

Steve