Building Entry Command

This needs to be its own thing. A special movement or combat command that says do the obvious drill to enter a probably hostile building. I would actually argue for two separate versions. One for when the building might be hostile, and one where you KNOW that it is. In the later case grenades and such would be included automatically. I think this would fix the single worst problem that is left. smile.gif

I also want UAVs and artillery delivered smoke badly but those are more along the lines of additional features than bug fixes. :D

On a completely unrelated note, if the game is accurately modeling the difference in effectiveness between a Bradley 25mm and a 50cal then someone needs to be demoted to foot patrol in Basra for picking the 50 call for Strykers. The difference when engaging things like armed pickup trucks is just amazing. redface.gif

I would argue that building entry is a much bigger problem in 1.07. Cornering is usually doable with careful waypoints. No amount of waypoint tweaking gets them to kick down doors and toss grenades thru windows the way it is actually done.

Having said that I would consider both of these and some work on how to arrange troops on the military crest of a hill to be good uses of Charles time.

Excellent idea! If the game can't handle building entry using the stock commands then it seems sensible to have a special command that triggers a whole load of scripted SOP drills, like kicking in the door, flash-banging or fragging the room beyond, team-members heading along the walls to each corner of the room to clear it, etc. - or whatever the current training is.

Originally posted by dan/california:

This needs to be its own thing. A special movement or combat command that says do the obvious drill to enter a probably hostile building. I would actually argue for two separate versions. One for when the building might be hostile, and one where you KNOW that it is. In the later case grenades and such would be included automatically. I think this would fix the single worst problem that is left. smile.gif

Agree completely - Having said options for units prior to entering a house would be excellent - Hopefully possible within a patch -

As another pointed out - If the current TacAI can't handle building entry using the stock commands then it would be a great option (tweak) to allow for a special command that triggers a whole load of scripted SOP for units to follow -

You can also use BREACH with your MOUT units. Nice room clearing.
If they could just use the breach animation when they are coming through a regular door or a hole that got made some other way, it would almost work come to think of it.

[ March 29, 2008, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: dan/california ]