Quick Battles, AI and 1.07

Why is it after all these months and patches the QB AI still does not move the enemy and I kill them within 5 turns in medium size open / village QB? Can't they at least be hard programed to move in line formation in hunt mode out of the set-up area? A hallmark of the CM system was QBs. Now we can't select troops like in CM1-3 and the AI troops just sit (they do fire) waiting to die. Why have the QB option if it's supported as such.

Kevin

Good question. I have just played three QB's in a row and came to the same conclusions. If I had to, I'd guess that BTS/BFC completely missed the mark for a substantial percentage of their long-time customer base and programmed themselves into a box, while hoping the fan base would build enough scenarios to alleviate the situation? A secondary portion of my guess would be that QB's were left in for quick-testing the aforementioned fan-built scenarios?

Although I have to say that it's getting fairly close (excepting the current topic) to what I thought we were getting last year! The hope that allowed me to leave it on my hard drive all this time, is getting stronger.

Many of the original Quick Battle maps that shipped with V1.0/1.01 are not working as designed.

The best advice I can offer is to move these maps to a different folder (or rename them) so they won't be used. The maps that shipped with the 1.07 patch will work better.

Also look out for the great maps created by the Quick Battle Maps Group on CMMODS.com - they come in 20 map packs and should ease some of your Quick Battle problems.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

-E, can you post the results of the survey that you have clearly conducted that shows the target demographic for BFC?

GUESS:

–verb (used with object)

1. to arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully: to guess a person's weight.

2. to estimate or conjecture about correctly: to guess what a word means.

3. to think, believe, or suppose: I guess I can get there in time.

–verb (used without object)

4. to form an estimate or conjecture (often fol. by at or about): We guessed at the weight of the package.

5. to estimate or conjecture correctly.

–noun

6. an opinion that one reaches or to which one commits oneself on the basis of probability alone or in the absence of any evidence whatever.

7. the act of forming such an opinion: to take a guess at someone's weight.

—Idiom

8. by guess and by gosh, Northern U.S. using a combination of guesswork and reliance on luck; hit or miss. Also, by guess and by golly.

Originally posted by -E:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flamingknives:

-E, can you post the results of the survey that you have clearly conducted that shows the target demographic for BFC?

GUESS:

–verb (used with object)

1. to arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully: to guess a person's weight.

2. to estimate or conjecture about correctly: to guess what a word means.

3. to think, believe, or suppose: I guess I can get there in time.

–verb (used without object)

4. to form an estimate or conjecture (often fol. by at or about): We guessed at the weight of the package.

5. to estimate or conjecture correctly.

–noun

6. an opinion that one reaches or to which one commits oneself on the basis of probability alone or in the absence of any evidence whatever.

7. the act of forming such an opinion: to take a guess at someone's weight.

—Idiom

8. by guess and by gosh, Northern U.S. using a combination of guesswork and reliance on luck; hit or miss. Also, by guess and by golly. </font>

I see the behavior with meeting engagments and I think with the new maps too. I am not sure why the type of map would affect movement accept as it relates to the initial set-up. I will keep trying.

Kevin

PS whats the date stamp for the old (first group) of maps? I think its 6/24/07 and the CMMODS.com maps start 9/8/07. Looks like only 7 of the 74 maps I have are originls.