Bizarre Vehicle and Unit Behaviour

z1812

Hi All,

Yesterday I was playing a Red on Red quick battle online. I loaded a platoon of troops, one sqaud per vehicle. I gave the vehicles movement waypoints before the scenario was started. The intention being to move my platoon close to the first Objective.

When the scenario started the troops were dropped from the carriers immediately ( not as directed )and off the vehicles went.

The vehicles drove straight into an ambush and were destroyed. The really odd thing was I could not move any of the dropped platoon for the rest of the scenario. When I plotted a move waypoint for one of the "stranded" sqauds the waypoint jumped back to originate from the last vehicle destroyed.

I have not seen this before. Anyone else?

Regards John

The vehicles drove straight into an ambush and were destroyed.
Well then it's a good thing the units hopped out, isnt it? Perhaps they even knew the vehicles are being ordered into an ambush, and hopped out on purpose? tongue.gif

Seriously though, there was another thread addressing similar problems with dismounting that seem to have been introduced in 1.06. While I haven’t seen units hopping out seemingly for no reason, I have seen units get stuck after mounting/dismounting.

Another thing to check is that when you select a bunch of vehicles with a drag-box that you don’t accidentally end up selecting one of the infantry units inside – since then any movement command you give to the vehicles will also apply to the infantry causing them to dismount.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Polyanskoe turned out to have an amazing replayability, I must've played though it at least 2-3 dozen times by now and still manage to get my arse handed to me every once in a while tongue.gif

But funny you should mention the Polyanskoe - that's where I had the problems with dismounting my troops from the BTR's - one squad refused to get out completely, and another wouldn't move after dismounting. While I haven't tried reproducing the problem, I havent had that happen again...

Similar wierdness from tank crews, 3 M1 crews all dismounted and walked up the road towards 3 t72s insteaqd of moving to engage them, when I got them remounted, they refused to fire (the gunners actions were stuck on "firing" but they never actually did).

The cowards spiked their own guns :(

Re mounting/dismounting. A problem, or possibly bug, I've found is this. I've given mounted inf the order to dismount, put the vehicle on a 30sec pause to give them time to get out, then on the same turn, ordered the vehicle to move to a new location after pausing.

And it doesn't happen in that sequence. What ALWAYS happens is that troops ONLY dismount at the end of the vehicle movement order. I don't think there's currently a way around this, unless someone can set me straight, but it really would be useful in a future patch to remedy it so troops can dismount before vehicle movement.