Quick question.

Flanker15:

We can just turn down the eye candy if it chugs...

oh no! I'm afraid to admit that I'm no longer a true grog and that the eye candy has become very important to me redface.gif . I only play scenarios that will run on my rig with all the graphics settings at best and so I've got used to it.

I guess I could lose some fidelity on the unit models as most of the time I'm hovering high over the virtual battlefield like a Valkyrie smile.gif . But I HAVE to have best quality maps.

Charles reassured me just now that people should see very little, to no, significant speed difference between v1.05 and v1.06 no matter what system you have. We don't have a lot of single processor testers so there may be something we're not aware of, but after a couple of weeks of optimizations Charles feels pretty confident in saying this. Now, you should have seen the first release we testers got. Some were down to less than 1fps, which of course was a bit suboptmial.

Remember that the LOS code has to work alongside of everything else in the game. Therefore , we have to be very careful about what one part of the code does because it can affect everything else. If it weren't for those stupid units and the combat element going on, we could have written an even better LOS system. But we suspect that would kinda defeat the purpose of the game so we did what we could :D

Steve