New Osprey Vanguard on Stryker family of AFVs

Originally posted by John Kettler:

The package deal with the related Hummer family book looks quite appetizing.

I assume you're referring to Amazon's Buy Together Today: $21.22 option for both books. Turns out that's basically a scam. If you price them out individually -- Stryker Combat Vehicles ($10.37) and HMMWV Humvee 1980-2005 ($10.85) -- you discover that $10.37 + $10.85 = $21.22. So the supposed package deal does not give you any financial benefit.

I generally have positive feelings about Amazon, but I do find their advertising "Better Together" package deals which aren't actually deals to be rather questionable from an ethical standpoint.

Rudel is correct, but they really should make it look LESS like a package deal price.

I have one of the Vanguard books. Generally pretty good stuff in there. A great overview for those who are looking for a nice one stop shopping trip source for basic info on Strykers. Unfortunately for us, it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know so it wasn't really worth it. Then again, we've been researching the heck out of Stryker since before the first production model came off the assembly line :D

Steve