CMSF vs. ToW?

I'm just wondering how these games compare. Obviously one's WWII+realtime and the other is modern combat and turn based. But realism-wise, are they pretty much on par with each other or is CMSF superior?

I probably will end up getting ToW regardless as it looks to be a fantastic RTS, and since CMSF is a ways away still.

Don't forget CMSF has the option of being played realtime too. smile.gif

I would've said that CMSF would definitely be superior realism-wise, but from ToW board posts it sounds like the BFC Beta testers really went to town on the Russian release and whipped it into shape. So the BFC-published ToW might be pretty sweet. If I can get my machine to run the eventual ToW demo (it sounds like it'll take a powerful setup to run) I'll no doubt snap-up that game.

I've been out of the loop for a while concerning CMSF (mostly cause I hate pining for games for 2 years... I'd rather concentrate on what's available now heh).

So... tell me about this real-time mode! How will it work? Any links discussing it would be sweet too. Will there be some sort of lobby to find games?

Basically, the real-time mode is just what it sounds like.

CMx1 stops every 60 seconds to let you plot your orders for the following 60 seconds. In Shock Force you can choose to play that way, or you can play in real time (with arbitrary pausing allowed, I believe).

WeGo mode even gains some benefits from having RealTime available. Maybe the easiest example benefit is that "in flight" fire at the end of the turn will pause and then resume at the start of the next turn (in CMx1, end-of-turn artillery just keeps going after the 60s).

Beyond that, the forum search is your friend ;)