In need of graphic tweak? Post here.

Mord

I can actually live with these but figured I'd pass them along. Haven't seen them mentioned since 1.03 came out.

cmshockforceta4.th.jpg

Are the Syrian Spec Ops and Rebublican Guards supposed to have a control panel/remote?

atgmspecialforcesqz5.jpg

cmshockforce2007dy4.jpg

LOL and...you almost nailed it Dan!

truckxs0.jpg

Mord.

Originally posted by Mishga:

Yup, Sagger 3 needs at least 500m to arm the missile and even then they are loathe to fire it as it has a huge launch signature.

I have only seen one being fired ever. It missed.

That would explain it. Is it the same for the BRDM-2?

Mord.

Graphic tweaks?

A new fire effect would be nice!

And building rubble that extends a little bit beyond the buildings footprint.

And more polygons for the tank barrels.

Best regards,

Thomm

PS: Scrolled around a little bit after a battle (Hammertime) yesterday and was wondering, how the game can look so pretty and perform so well on my business laptop! It surprised me, e.g., how good simple things like the building rubble look thanks to shading and shadows. Really nice.

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

And building rubble that extends a little bit beyond the buildings footprint.

Rollstoy check my thread in the scenario design forum...you might be pleased.

Mord.

[ September 06, 2007, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Mord ]

Originally posted by Mord:

... you might be pleased.

Seldom have I been pleased more!!!

I hope that Charles considers to create rubble like this automatically for collapsing buildings!!!

Best regards,

Thomm

PS: Another potential tweak: Quite often I get, in the middle of close, highly resolved trees or bushes, a few ugly low-LOD texture 'blobs' for no apparent reason. Could be a bug, could be a VRAM issue. Just wanted to point it out once.

This beautiful setting created by Mord reveals a weakness of the current broken walls: they collapse into a point at the edges of the buildings, which looks funny, of course. This could be changed in a matter of minutes, I guess.

Also, the huge hole does not look very convincing from a mechanics point of view. Perhaps one or two charred columns could be added to make it look more realistic!!!

Best regards,

Thomm

rubblebuildingqc5.th.jpg

Two things I'd love to see in the future; I'd like to see partial walls still standing in rubble like in CMBB and CMAK (I guess that's what you were saying about columns?), and the other would be some kind of decal hit placement on buildings and vehicles to dirty them up as they are wailed on, kinda like the old way craters were done in CMX1.

As is though, the removing of walls adds a great deal to the editor's flexibility!

Mord.

Originally posted by Mord:

Two things I'd love to see in the future; I'd like to see partial walls still standing in rubble like in CMBB and CMAK (I guess that's what you were saying about columns

Fully agree with you on the wall fragments.

You misunderstood my column comment, though. I meant that the hole in the wall currently spans the full width (8 meters?) of the building. This is unreasonable: the roof should collapse having such a wide unsupported length. Therefore, I would put one or two (reinforced concrete) columns in the hole, which supposedly withstood the blast that blew inwards or outwards the brick walls and now remain to support the roof. Would look more realistic, IMHO.

Best regards,

Thomm

Ahh. Gotchya. Yeah that would look pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a half hole either. One for the left, one for the right side, they could come up just before you cycle to the big hole when you are clicking on the building in 3D view. Be a nice feature to have a half of a wall face missing.

LMAO. Dan is probably reading this and wanting to strangle us. "Hey punks! I've got enough work to do without having to worry about holes in walls!"

Mord.