Campaigns in CMx2

Since we will have a campaign in CM:SF - how about a campaign editor, or are campaigns in general editable?

I guess there will nothing like CMC included in the initial release, but I wonder if this will be added later.

To play on the operational level as well as on the tactical level would be a real great addition to the game...well, at least in my opinion. ;)

I've just asked in the "Too Many Strykers" thread if it will be possible to swap Strykers for M2/M3s in the campaign, so I thought I'd bump this thread with the same question. I am hoping that, with some simple modding facilities, the campaign could be modified to use M2/M3s instead of Strykers, even if this might involve a lot of work.

A Campaign is a text file that ties together Battles with certain parameters. Therefore, there is no such thing as a Campaign Editor, not even for us. It's a waste of coding time.

No, you can not just swap out stuff in stand alone Battles. Since Campaigns are nothing more than stand alone Battles tied together with parameters there is no way to swap things out in a Campaign either. Why not? Because there is no purpose for doing this. The designer created the Battle with particular forces, terrain, etc. in mind. You can't just go swapping out something and expect things to work.

Steve