Safe Assumption? Dont try Campaign First!

I'm going to assume even Combat Mission 1x veterans should try a few practice scenarios before jumping into the Campaign, getting their arse handed to them and then having to restart with the first scenario of the Campaing spoiled for them. For those who have played the game does this sound like good advice?

I would go with this. One of the complaints I have seen in the AI thread from the blog is the vehicles had to dodge around his destroyed armor. Trust me, he played it like he played CMX1, which means he was handed his head. Using proper tactics and slowing things down, you shouldn't lose tanks easily in that scenario.

Written as not to have spoilers.

Rune

Individual choice. I believe you can save at any point in the campaign and replay individual battles if you managed to really mess one up. There is nothing saying you can't replay the whole campaign again from battle one, also, naturally. Be aware, also, that losing some battles will branch you off into "failure" battles you might not see in the event that you fought a perfect string of victories, so there is at least one advantage of doing not great in a scenario the first time. Sometimes a failure will end the campaign, though, too, so you never know. smile.gif

Some will want to practice with QBs or standalone missions, sure. Some will want to set up shooting galleries with the scenario editor and figure out the capabilities of every piece of hardware, graph out the fatigue levels of every type of infantry unit, or the reaction times of every type of on call artillery, too, before going into action. The latter idea never appealed to me, though the kind of guy that really ate up Bob Medrow's FIRST IMPRESSIONS articles in The General (the ones with reams of percentage charts) would probably like to do that.

How you have fun with it is up to you.