thanks battlefront

Hey Big Time Software guys,

I've been a lurker on the boards since before the CMBO release (I think I've got four posts since the monkeys destroyed the board). It's probably ironic that one of my few posts concerns CMx1 pathfinding given the current controversies.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you guys for all the work you've put in over the years. I really appreciate everything you've done and all the hard work that you have put in over the years.

The CMx1 series was the best thing in wargaming I've experienced and I got a WHOLE lot of play from it (still playing as a matter of fact). CMSF doesn't appear to be my cup of tea at the moment due to some of the problems you might have noticed people mentioning, but I have confidence that you will do your best on the patches. You have a great history of doing so with the other purchases I have made at your company over the years.

While I doubt if I will play CMSF much in its current incarnation I have no regrets about sending you more of my money. The years of CMx1 play were making me feel guilty and I'm glad I could send you something in return for the best game I have ever played.

I must say I loved the WEGO system and PBEM. Real life intrudes on me quite often, and those two things were a godsend from you.

I also wanted to say thanks for the eLicense. I haven't seen too many mentions of that, but I love being able to run the game on my laptop without having to go to a warez site and getting a NO-CD crack. It is nice that you treat us honest customers well and can still copy protect your IP investment.

Well, back to lurking for me. See you in a few years with another post.

Lurker765 from BoB

• 3 months later...

thanks BFC.

I definitely enjoyed the ride for CMx1, but it is beginning to look like I will move along and return in a year or two.

I know you have mentioned that you expected some of the old timers to leave and that it wouldn't really bother you, but it is still sad to exit.

I wish you luck and hope you again make games in the future that I enjoy playing. It was incredible finding CMBO lo those many years ago due to the great reviews it received. That series was probably the best computer game invented in my opinion (along with Civilization, Baldur's Gate, etc) and definitely the best wargame ever made.

Good luck in the future.

[ November 02, 2007, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Lurker765 ]

CMSF is excelent game and i have been playing it a lot since 1.04 patch. Now the single player mode is what it should've been on the release, but still waiting for the multiplayer issues to be corrected. Multiplayer is what will keep me playing.

I hated the single player modes in CMx1 and played only PBEM games which were super blast. I am waiting anxiously to play against human opponents because this engine can offer so much more. With the realistic, non cherry pickable troopsets, its guaranteed, that only good tacticians will survive.