New Micro Campaign

A US tank company heads onwards to it's fate and destiny along an advance route plotted for it.

Strong leadership is needed to see the final objectives taken.

This is a 4 battle Micro campaign with one diversion set with dynamic parameters.

Check it out at www.cmmods.com

This is playable in about 90mins from start to finish, depending on your aggressive nature smile.gif

quote: It's trying to find a balance between challenging and non-challenging situations.

okay I downloaded it this morning and gave it a run through and I have to say that you've given the US side WAY too many tanks. The first scenario was a turkey shoot as was the second albeit a bit tougher. Then, when I fired up the third, once again my tanks annihalated everything and after a few minutes, I quit as I felt that I was just wasting my time slaughtering the Syrians. And I really DO mean slaughter!

Positive things first; the maps are simple but nice and the battles play out very quickly.

as for the rest:

WAY too easy for the US side because you've given them a full company of M1s. To challenge us with that OB you'd have to put about a regiment of tanks in the Syrian OB. :eek:

Advice

once again, it's almost a brilliant campaign. If you'd given us a single platoon with just three tanks you'd have created a real winner. I would advise you to edit the campaign to remove all the others, change the script to resupply the US forces between missions and repost it at CMMODS. Do that and I'd definitely give it another go.

Referring to the quote above, there is absolutely NO challenge in this one. It's so easy that it's just silly... realistic :D , but for me, it wasn't fun to play as shooting puppies is not my idea of entertainment.

BTW what do you mean when you say it has dynamic parameters?

I played it through today, and had a great time. Thank you Mishga. Attractive and interesting maps.

It definitely is 'way too easy, but shooting fish in a barrel could be rewarding if you've been having your bait cleaned off your hook all day long at the pier. I ended up with 8 casualties and 4 vehicles lost, and I was kind of rushing and taking chances.

Maybe it should be the human Red against Blue AI?

I agree that the Blue armor ought to be at least halved,

SPOILER

|

|

|

and allowing the Blue player to take out much of the red armor by just picking the right start/setup position on the map isn't fair to red. If Red was just sheltered from immediate Blue attack, that would be helpful.

Dynamic parameters...not sure if it is the correct term but depending on the victory or loss your supply and refit etc etc are varied.

Yes, this micro-campaign is very easy. I wanted to give the players a simpler time of it after the Operation Campsite was deemed unwinnable.

I think this campaign is quite fun to play and, believe it or not, I dithered over the amount of armour supplied to BLUE. I went the whole hog for the simple fact it's fun to sometimes just rampage.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback, next time I might just get it spot on smile.gif

I have really enjoyed playing it also (not quite finished yet though) but it is fairly easy. The maps are really nice and it's always cool having new battles to fight. After some of the ass-stormings I've taken lately, it IS nice to just rampage sometimes...

"Dynamic parameters...not sure if it is the correct term but depending on the victory or loss your supply and refit etc etc are varied."

I don't believe you can link these to the battles outcome that way. I certainly WANTED to do that in my campaign but, win or lose, there is only one resupply and refit condition for each battle. I worked around it by having different branches or storylines within the campaign, thus it's 37+ missions but only 11 of them being seen by the player in the course of one playthrough.

But, no worries. First one... too difficult, second one... too easy, third one... perfect? Look forward to your next offering.

Yeah, PT

To do it properly I was planning something like 9 battles that might never be seen by most players. So a 5 battle mini-campaign would be 14 battles to ensure all the possible changes.

Was a lot of work for a very small minority of players to ever see. Pity but maybe there might be dynamic variable parameters at some point in the scripts.