Bug in Beta Video?

BF.C,

First, thank you for sharing and posting the latest videos of the latest beta build. It's great to see the game in action.

My "bug" comment regards the 34 Mb download, linked in Madmatt's thread. In one scene, the camera is behind a Stryker with two men shooting from the roof hatches. During the exchange of fire, the Stryker's M2 Remote Weapons Station (System?) slews from facing 12 o'clock, to face 9 o'clock - where the firefight is occurring. Great.

However, after a few rounds from the M2, the weapon slews back to 12 o'clock. That seems to be very much amiss. It takes the weapon and the sensors out of the immediate fight.

(I seem to remember a similar behavior in CMBO which was repaired, whereby vehicle weapons would IMMEDIATELY default to 12 o'clock the instant a target lock was lost.)

In a real fight, the weapon would stay trained an the last known enemy position. Therefore, in the video the behavior seems very wrong. It would seem to be better for the RWS to stay aimed at the 9 o'clock position.

If I am wrong, I offer my apologies. This observation is meant only to improve the game.

Thanks,

Ken

I'd highly doubt it was reloading JonS as it probably should still be facing the enemy's position to point out any more hostiles even if it really was reloading. It fired small burst and when it turned aways from the fire, which didn't let up and ended up taking out both guys in the back of the vehicle, it seemed highly unnatural and very unrealistic. Here's a video (it's animated but very good nonetheless and a bit graphic)that shows the use of that gun in action: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=391_1178060828&p=1

and probably what that gun on the Stryker really should've been doing(imo).