Interface Help?

76mm

Hi,

I've finally gotten around to installing and trying to play this game. Didn't get too far though, because I've had a really hard time with parts of the interface, I think I must be doing something wrong. Manual didn't help much, maybe I overlooked something. Anyway, here are a couple of interface questions:

1) How do I select units? Whenever I have one unit selected and try to select another, the cursor still seems stuck on the first unit (ie, whatever movement command I gave the first unit will be repeated with the second unit as the destination instead of the second unit being selected).

2) Anyway to set waypoints other than left-clicking at each waypoint? I thought the CM1x system worked rather well...

3) How can I tell how many casualties my infantry units have suffered? If they are in buildings, etc. it is pretty tough to zoom in and count, and I don't think I should have to count anyway.

Sorry if all of this has been addressed in previous posts, but I've started and quit three scenarios because of the above issues--not having fun!

1. You have to right-click on an empty piece of map space to de-select the current unit, then choose another one.

2. Not that I know of.

3. All you can really see is how many troops they have left, by the number of gun icons in the central display window down at the bottom when you select the unit. If you know how many guys the unit started with, then you'll know how many they've lost.