Dawn/Dusk events

Znarf

Will CMx2 have dynamic environmental lighting simulating sunrise/sunset, i.e., a battle may kick off at 05:00, and end at 07:00. During that time the lighting environment has gone from dark to dawn. Likewise from dusk to darkness (i.e., battle starts at 19:30 and ends at 21:30).

Would add an interesting element to the game - do you advance in the dark, or wait until you can see what's out there (and then be seen)...

yes

AND to be honest YES I hope one of the intial demo scenario's features a PRE -dawn sneak attack that turns into a really good battle with a nice counter attack by the now "hinted" and "cleaver" AI, just after dawn as the the day light starts to make a difference in favour of the defending AI player. :D

he he

-tom w

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

yes

AND to be honest YES I hope one of the intial demo scenario's features a PRE -dawn sneak attack that turns into a really good battle with a nice counter attack by the now "hinted" and "cleaver" AI, just after dawn as the the day light starts to make a difference in favour of the defending AI player. :D

-tom w

Nice to wish but I'm hoping my Syrian forces ever live long enough to see daylight in the demo, the US

optics and other tools are overwhelming in this scenario so now I'm assuming no Abrams will ever be taken out by Syrian tanks it has to be the rocket boys who will win the day..we'll see.