PBEM problem

I've been playing a PBEM game with no problems at all on CMAK but all of a sudden the turn my opponent has sent will not be read by my game.

It simply makes the 'hatch being closed' sound and fails to load up the turn.

Neither of us has any virus or spyware problems and our systems have remained the same throughout.

Any thoughts?

It happens sometimes. Files get corrupted when being written, zipped, transmitted etc; sometimes the game file itself even gets corrupted and you have to go back to the previous file/turn. It's happened to me I suppose twice in a thousand emails or so.

Your chum will just have to redo the file and send a new one (or you could ask him to resend the existing one, but that'll probably fail too).

It's a PITA if he did a lot of complex plots, but it can't be avoided. Hopefully he saved his file before hitting “go”.

I very much doubt it’s anything to do with virus or spyware – in my experience that’s the rarest cause of ‘problems’ with a PC, proggy or game. In my experience user error is the main cause! Ahem.