Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Any word about...

... cover arcs behond the mapedge and "reverse slope" targets!?

steve or anyone with "official" knowlage, iam sorry to ask this in a seperat thread, but i asked and noted that in quiet some places now and no "official" word was ever written about it. at least none that i could find or know where it is.

-the thing with the cover arcs is problematic becouse of obviouse reason. to be able to plot a meaningfull "cover arc" with a "2 point system", everywhere on the map, it would be needed that one can place the points out of the mapedge.

however, a "3 point" cover arc would be nice too and will work "without" the need to plot behond the mapedge!

the thing i wonder about is why noone ever said anything official about it. either its so simple that it lacks importance or there is a technical problem wich keeps this from working "good" or "fast" wich makes it unimportant too.

i cant imagine anything else.

- "reverse slope" ... the WEGOers pain(at least my pain smile.gif ).

its the 8th patch now and if a target is in reverse slope it sill get threated as if it is not there(other than, "Watch out! enemy unit!") ;)

that makes me feel its intentional, but i sure hope it is not(wouldnt see any reason).

it is possible not too bad in RT but in WEGO it is devestating if a unit sees a target AND is able to hit it, has ammo, man and sufficient moral, but simply wont bother to do a thing.

anyone!?

Pandur,

Following your post, I bumped the (rather old) respective entry (on cover arcs) in the "suggestions" database and added a link to this thread.

Of course this is no "official" response, but I wanted you to know that at least some action was taken already!

Best regards,

Thomm

[ April 29, 2008, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Thomm ]

Yeah, the ability to plot arcs and support targets outside of the map area is something that's been on our list for... well, forever :D It keeps making it to my own priority list, but there are other things deemed more important.

I don't know how to respond to the reserve slope question because I don't quite understand what you think the problem is. If a unit can draw LOF to a target it should shoot at it unless there is a fairly obvious reason why it can't (suppressed, panicked, out of ammo, HIDE, etc.) If this isn't happening, I'm going to need more details.

Steve

nice, good to know that about cover arcs!

If this isn't happening, I'm going to need more details.
its verry simple!

i made this picture some patches ago in hammertime, its the only one i have showing this. however i played the Salt pan mission in the TF thunder campain, Armor Attacks and 2 QB´s in 1.08. the problem is still there and one can see it in the salt pen mission especially easy.

reverssmalkv7.jpg

as you can see the unit(vehicle) has ammo, moral, and what not, ... even a cover arc. still the gunner is "spotting" for 60 seconds a turn.

now when i manually target the unit, the vehicle engages and can kill the guy in the trench over there pretty fast, but he doesn not by himself.

now the worst cast that can happen is that a more stealth orientated unit is always out of sight when you are in command phase. like a ATGM @1500+ meters wich did not shoot for some time. your guys loose sight and the ability to target it in a command phase.

that leads to the total inability to engage this unit other than by plain area fire.

i hope you see what i mean.