Ads and competition (SWE)

Hi everybody , I just wanted to bring a heads up to some fine PR work done by BFC (Moon?) .

In the latest swedish PC Gamer they have an ad for CMSF, they also have a competition where you can win a copy of the game.

Being very ungrogsmanlike and never being one to pass up an opportunity to get riddiculed in these forums I have to admit that one of the questions was a bit challenging.

"The helmets of the american army are based on the old helmets from :"

"The wehrmacht"(I'm guessing it's this one...)

"The swedish helmets"

"The Navy Seals"(...or this one)

I'm looking to get an extra copy to get a friend addicted, and this competition is a fine way of not paying for it ;) .

Thankfull for any help and/or riddiculing.

//Salkin

Im pretty sure it's the Wermacht helmet, just go google it. Actually I remember reading an article where someone was complaining that the US helmets resembled the German helmets too much and they should change the design just because of that lol

Probably true Sergei. So I'm guessing you are crossing the border to buy yourself a swedish magazine tongue.gif .

Thanks RogueX, google is the sane thing to do, but like I said I never pass up an opportunity to get riddiculed around these grog ridden forums smile.gif .

//Salkin

Yes it is based on the WWII German helmet due to the superior protection offered to the sides and rear of the head while maintaining good visibility by the wearer.

Technically though, the game uses the new Mitchell(sp) design which offers 30% less coverage area, but is lighter and more comfortable to wear for long periods of time. (Can I see a show of hands of people who spent a week at jump school in the pits with the old k-pot) The reason it has less coverage area is so that the rear of the helmet will not be blocked by the neck piece of the body armor when in the prone. Also, instead of the old netting support system inside, it uses pads fitted for the wearer not too different from the pads found in football (American football) helmets. Also note the new 4 point chin strap for added stability on the wearer’s head.

::Hand goes up::

Ya know, even after I got my new spiffy light helmet, I still used the older style cause I had jumped with it before and trusted it.

The newer helmet is great though; the only complaint I have is that those pads turn hard as a freakin rock when not on your noggin and exposed to cold air.