AAR in progress

thewood

This the thing that is at times incredibly frustrating about CMSF. It has the potential to be a great game, but something always seems to happen in almost every game that makes me step back and wonder if I am wasting my time. I watched these two guys slowly come around to trying a PBEM after much discussion over a few months. They may very well continue this AAR, but for the people watching this AAR, instead of swinging some good diehard CMers around, it is more likely one more reason for them to to complain and say "I told you so"

Edit:

I should point out that I have never had CMSF crash on my XP system.

One thing I have wondered about is if anyone is testing CMSF in WEGO, or maybe its not being tested as rigourously as RT. I hear Steve and all the testers talking about RT usage and very little discussion about WEGO testing. It does seem like up to 1.05, WEGO was not really a focus for the fixes. 1.06 was the first release where it was a playable and enjoyable game in WEGO.

[ February 14, 2008, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: thewood ]

I need the WEGO to work as I really do enjoy going up against a human. Once 1.06 came out I re-installed and thought it played so much better. Even the WEGO has been absolutely fine up until this crash. I have XP and the game has never crashed in any version before.

It may be something other than the game (I hope so anyway)and all may be resolved by a simple re-mapping of previous moves.

If not, I wont continue with the game until 1.07 appears. This may end up being one of the most promising passed over wargames games in modern times. Hope not though as it does still have that promise, but at some stage its got to deliver or it will simply fade away.