Anyone tried the 43.51s detonators yet?

C'mon people, let's hear the nitty-gritty details about these drivers: FSAA performance, frame-rate slowdowns, XP hotfix compatible (alt-tab black screen problem), etc.

I'm anxiously waiting to hear if I can finally ditch the 30.82 drivers...

Keeping my fingers crossed.

[ April 30, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: MRoadster ]

Got it installed:

P4 2.85 oc

TI 4600

1 gb ram

a lot of HD

XP pro

DX 9.0a

3D mark 2003 (updated) score 41.09 1684 and the score 43.51 1894.... But CMBB runs terrible!!

So if it's up to me wait until the new drivers.

[ April 30, 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Jaws ]

No go here...

P4 3.06

1 gig RAM

300 Gig of HD space

TI 4600

SB Augidy 2

XP pro

DX 9.0a

Now that's plenty of machine for CM games but with any of the newer Nvidia drivers CM runs horrible including the latest ones!

Please do something or CM is doomed as soon as more people end up with newer cards and need the new drivers! So sad!

Jordan

[ April 30, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: AstroCat ]

I just tested it on three systems.

System 1:

pentium 3.06

1 gig memory

GeForce 4800

using 4X fsaa and 2X ansitropic filtering

I get NO slowdown, i still have to do the alt tab trick.

System 2:

Pentium 1.7

512 meg memory

GeForce 3 ti200

filtering and ansitropic filtering off

I get NO slowdown

System 3:

Pentium 800mhz

512 mem memory

GeForce 3 ti500

Filtering and ansitropic flitering off

I get no slowdown.

Try it with texture sharpening not checked.

Rune

What OS are you using? XP Pro?

I did not have texture sharpening enabled. It was unchecked.

I got the total super low frame rate problem.

I usually run 4xS with level 8 anisotropy and it runs great with 30.82 drivers using XP Pro.

When I switched to the latest ones I got the slowdown problem.

Using FRAPS my fps goes say from 25-35 on my test map to around 2-12 with the later drivers!

Basically worse than half speed! ugh! :(

Any ideas? I'd LOVE to fix this issue!

Thanks

Jordan

[ April 30, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: AstroCat ]

Cat and Jaws,

More information for you. I was running XP Pro on two systems and XP home on another. Have been doing a lot more in depth testing with jwxspoon.

The alt tab trick is to go to desktop then back to the game, then the lists show up.

However, we were finally able to get the slowdown. It seems to be related to the number of paths/firing paths shown. I get to 30-40 and no problem, but beyond that, I get the slowdown you are seeing. Try turning the paths/firing off, and let me know if it speeds things up or not.

Rune

Yeah, I noticed that too...also Labels and Landmarks has a lot to do with it as well. Seems to be the more text on the screen the slower things go.

No matter how much I turn off I can't get it to be near as fast as the 30.82 drivers.

I really think something is wrong, and until either CM or nvidia makes a change things aren't looking good.

I worked around with every driver setting possible and nothing makes a real difference. I was using the latest Rivatuner when I was testing.

If anyone figures this out I will be so relieved!

Thanks!

Jordan

[ April 30, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: AstroCat ]

I'd really enjoy getting back into CMBB, but this driver thing is a serious turn-off. I suppose the only choice is to dual-boot 2 XP's. One with 30.82's, and one with my current OS and latest drivers.

It's interesting to note that PowerDVD also has serious problems with the 43.XX drivers. I get a TV/out error every time I try to run a movie. (without using TV/out) Win DVD also has this problem. From the amount of research I've done, I've gathered that macrovision is the culprit, and one should disable it at all costs or run earler drivers.

Nvidia is getting sloppy...

For those who may have read my previous postings, I finally came to the "tipping point" where I had to make the switch over to newer drivers, thus bidding farewell to CMBB. This was a hard choice, but I was having CTD problems with Raven Shield under the old drivers and had to upgrade to newer ones (43.51 in this case). Before you write me off as a "poser" or twitch gamer, please understand that I have been an avid board wargamer for 35 years, and 80% of my current gaming time is devoted to playing Panzer Campaigns PBEM or solo, the remainder taken up by Raven Shield, and some MMORPGs.

Furthermore, it looks like I may have to hold off buying the forthcoming CMAK title, as it won't have the engine rewrite we've been advised MIGHT address this issue.

Adios guys (BFC included)...it was a mighty fun ride while it lasted....good luck - and hope I can come back into the CMxx fold sometime down the road!

[ May 04, 2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: ggallagher ]

I just had to RMA my Ti-4200 since it lost its hardware acceleration functionality (something fried I guess), and slapped in an older Geforce 2 GTX with a whopping 32 Mb of video ram (joke) in the meantime.

On my Athlon XP 2000+ I'm using the 43.51 dets with XP Pro. CMBB is a bit slower, probably more due to the older vidcard. I'm running with 4x AA on and VSych disabled. I <alt> <tab> when I start and before I finish CMBB to take care of the text issue, and it causes me no problems.

CMBB still looks great, and it will take a lot more than a tolerable performance hit to keep me away from it!

Regards

I created a restore point before applying this driver. Good thing that I did.

When I first fired up CMBB it looked good with the same basic problem, no text had to alt-tab. When I got into a scenario to play, it crawled in setup mode but then I remembered that someone posted after they hit "GO" everything kinda loosened up and the refresh rate improved significantly. I tried this and it seemed to be great until my machine started to lock up hard in the middle of a game.

Bye-bye 43.51. Hello 41.09.

Didn't work for me. I'm no PC guru but this driver did not help the situation at all as far as I could see.

Good Luck All!