Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Get better results from CMSF

Guest Guest

Yes I know - I have played the game a little bit.

Well perhaps it (“everywhere”) applies to wherever you live but it certainly doesn’t to large slabs of my military.

Anyway, thanks for enlightening me with another entry in the “Adam1 dictionary”:

Everywhere: means whatever Adam decides to define as “everywhere”.

Originally posted by Adam1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Clavicula_Nox:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Adam1:

I totally understand this, but really, should you care? Your merits don't depend on what hangs on your chest and all those who are worth concerning yourself with know it too.

Of course it doesn't matter, and the awards aren't the issue. The issue is the lack of integrity shown by senior leadership, leadership that in many cases had little to nothing to do with the success of the mission. </font>

Originally posted by Adam1:

Alright. Sorry I ruffled your feathers big man.

One request - ignore my posts, do no respond to them anymore.

Happy to defuse this too (esp. having seen what you first wrote here, instead of what appears to be the final 3rd draft). smile.gif

Its just that generalisations like “everywhere”, “all followers of X religion (insert whichever one) are #$%@$%^”, “women are bad drivers”, all men are bas*ards”, etc. are by their very nature inaccurate and prone to misinterpretation.

Replacing something like “everywhere” with “in my experience all” provides a qualifier which gets your point across without going off into exaggeration and hyperbole.

Anyway ...

No, the Australian Army doesnt count as a real army; they only play with duplo tanks.

Sorry, couldn't let it slide :D

As for 'good leaders' or 'good leadership', the point of view of the one calling out those terms comes into play. As the Shareholder of a company one might have a different view of how good a leader is compared with any direct subordinate of this leader.