Marines update?

BFC-

Is there any possibility of an update on the Marines module? It's been quite a while now since you made the original announcement and created a new web page but it hasn't been updated since it was made.

I'm really not complaining. I'm just anxious to get some sort of idea how much longer we're going to have to wait. If it's not going to be this month then PLEASE, tell us so that I don't get disappointed every time I visit this website and find... nothing.

Well, we can only have news when there is news. And before there can be news, we need to make them (code stuff). That's usually what happens during the time when there are no updates.

Please understand that we're not holding back any news deliberately. Having said that, I'm preparing a little update for the blogfront right now to give you an idea about where we are currently.

Don't expect any big news this month because we first have our big server move schedules in the next week or two.

Martin

Disappointing as it certainly is for you guys, I have to say that I sympathize with Moon on the news issue.

Reason is, that the module is worked on, and productively so, but everything is evolving at the same time, yet nothing is 100% finished.

Most generally speaking, one can say that the game keeps getting better with every build, such that, eventually, the waiting time will not have been spent in vain!

Best regards,

Thomm

Well, from reading Martin's post, I think it's definitely fair to say NOT this month. :(

I know I must come across as being horribly impatient. I 100% agree that it would be foolish for BFC to announce a date for its release as it would cause more hassle than it's worth. But I'd really just like to read a post from BFC saying something like "don't expect it to arrive any time before the end of July". That's not raising any false expectations and, if they were wrong and it WAS released before such date, who'd complain?! :D

The reason for my frustration is simple. I spend far more time designing and playtesting scenarios than I do playing missions. When I read that announcement a month + ago I suspended work on my current project as I wanted to see what changes would be made. Why did I think it's arrival was imminent? Recalling the time when dynamic lighting was added (in 1.05?) there was total silence from BFC about this new feature until they posted screenshots. Then, the patch arrived about a week later. We saw the pictures and got excited and the goods arrived about a week later.

I just want to 'get back to work' on my favourite game. At the moment, without ANY knowledge of what changes are being made, it's not possible for ME to design any new stuff.

Originally posted by Paper Tiger:

I just want to 'get back to work' on my favourite game. At the moment, without ANY knowledge of what changes are being made, it's not possible for ME to design any new stuff.

Please keep in mind that everything you can create can and will be either played with 1.10 or can be adapted to new features. So your effort would not be lost one way or the other!

Best regards,

Thomm