Linksys wireless WRT54GTX2 router config?

Having trouble configuring my router for CM tcp/ip play. Trouble is that I haven't any clue about it.

I know the internal IP is universal for the LAN and hasn't any bearing for my opponent (well, afaik).

I get my IP from www.whatismyipaddress.com

Cannot connect to this either apparently.

Anyone who has this router able to walk me through it? I did try to forward port for CM but I cannot access the router config for some reason. Linksys site says to access it from within a web browser, and enter ADMIN as the default password, but this gets rejected...

Well, you will have to figure out how to access the router to configure it.

Then you will have to setup port forwarding. This works most easily if you assign a static address to your computer. Again, this is a configuration option -- you can probably arrange to have the router always give the same "dynamic" address to a given machine on the LAN.

Port forwarding is a must if you want to play from behind a router. A more drastic option on some routers is a so-called DMZ function, where a chosen computer is given all of the outside traffic.

Otherwise, you need to get your friends to come over and play on your local network.

Thanks for replying!

I had changed the password..........

So I went into the router and had 7023 forwarded to my machine (atm the only one on the LAN) and when my friend tried to connect, I had a popup from NAV asking if I want to allow it, which I permitted CMBB.

However, after that we lost connection. Is there a time-out delay thresh-hold? For the game I mean...

Or might there be something else I need to do, such as configure packet size or something?