Demo problem : No 3d hardware support

Hi all,

I recently downloaded the demo from 3dfiles.com. Great game! I do have one nagging problem:

The game does not allow me to select 3d hardware in Windows 2000. It cycles me through different refresh rates at 640*480 in software mode. Here is my config:

P3-933

i840 chipset

256 megs of RAM

Creative GEForce 2 GTS

Windows 2000 Professional with latest patches installed

What is your current resolution under Win2K ? What monitor do you have defined ?

CM will limit itself to the current running resolution of your desktop. However I'd easily guess that you're probably running 1024 x 768 at least. More than likely you probably have your monitor defined as a Plug-N-Play monitor. Any chance you could pick your specific monitor model or download an updated inf for it in Win2K ?

If you're running a very high resolution (1600 x 1200 +) you may want to come down a bit and try 1024 x 768 and delete the prefs file to see if it will detect your display at any other resolutions.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 07-02-2000).]

I can only make guesses at this. Among the things to try was possibly reducing the resolution. It is strange that CM is not detecting your video card correctly. I believe that forum member rune did some testing for BTS on Win2K.

You can run DXDIAG in your Program Files/DirectX/Setup directory and check out the Display tab. In the middle of the tab is the DirectX Features. If the "Disable" button is raised, then the corresponding features are enabled (as they should be).

With the latest Creative drivers do you have a system tray icon for them ? If you do you may want to tinker with the Direct3D settings in that applet.