Syrian high caliber arty modules!?

so, once there was this thread wher rudel did post all these juicy info about the Syrians.

unfortunately i cant find that thread now, however as far as i remember the post about artillery inidcated that the bulk of syrian arty are towed high caliber arty tubes, verry well supplied with HE shells :D

quiet some modules listed where 200mm+ tubes. pretty hefty, i wonder why we only came up to 130mm guns in CMSF.

since arty isnt a big thing to add(well, compared to other things, you only need a picture and a explosion, thats all :D ) mybe some of these can be added at a later point. would love to call down some of those on whoever :D

My guess is that 200mm+ tubes weren't included for the same reason as Red CAS--the US would annihilate them all in the first few hours.
thats maybe a little naive question by me but "how" does one justify that one type of assets are taken down and other not!?

i know there should be and there are ways to find out what this stuff at the ground is you see from high above(by different means) but to say you can "reliably" take out, lets say, 95% of all 200mm+ guns but leave everything less than 130mm "unharmed"!?

how that work!?

i see it like that, so i cant understand "what" defines the line between "in" and "out" game whise.

there is the line "the US would annihilate them all in the first few hours" but after that!? "what" is the decission factor for deciding "this got taken down" and "this not".

if we would know that we could whish for some syrian gear in a bit more meaningfull way than i did above :D

now i expected that the first reply in the thread will drop the "all anihilated by..." line.

and i totaly understand that and think is right, but again, where is the border to decide that anihilated and that not!?

also someone got a link to that thread rudel dietrich did!? i want too look it up but still cant find it.

Surprised to find in Janes World Armies that the number of M-46 130mm outweighs the D-30 122mm (750 v 480).

Anyway - that aside there is probably a fudge factor involved in the game mechanics to account for Counter Battery Fire. Modern Western Locating Radars are capable of identifying and tracking rounds in the air from multiple batteries. They can give accurate targeting data which is passed to the guns in a matter of seconds - any Syrian artillery (and particularly towed) would be vapourised in seconds.

Also if you want to see how easy artillery is to spot from imagery have a hunt around on Google Earth of Syria - I've found loads of it. A simple matter then to cue up for airstrikes or depth fire missions.

so i looked up the thread again, had to read a while till i found the post. ovcourse i totaly mixed up numbers, the 200mm+ stuff are rockets and we got them.

however, i was talking about this two sytems.

The 152mm D20

Cousin of the D30 this one can fire a very destructive shell 11km

Ammo per gun is 50 shells

Syria has RAR for this gun as well.

and

The 180mm S-23

Able to launch a 7 inch shell 11.5km

Ammo load is 45 rounds per gun.

@Combatintman

They can give accurate targeting data which is passed to the guns in a matter of seconds - any Syrian artillery (and particularly towed) would be vapourised in seconds.
that doesnt hinder adding some more arty modules to the game.

Also if you want to see how easy artillery is to spot from imagery have a hunt around on Google Earth of Syria - I've found loads of it. A simple matter then to cue up for airstrikes or depth fire missions.
they let them standing out in the open all day and night!? gimme some koordinates, i wana look them up myself. syria is big if you search it from some hundred meters above. i just found things like shooting ranges for tanks or so, looked like lanes and shooting positions, but all of them empty.

nice nice! but i couldnt find the half tracks, did you realy mean "22" or "33" like the others!?

you should look up your half track koordinate :D i tried to find halftracks there, no luck, just a roadcrossing in a the desert.

ontopic;

noone seems to be interessted in larger arty modules for red!? would be good fun to use them.

sure no problem!

thing is i tried to make clear that we all know about that some stuff will be taken down in no time but we dont know the "rule"(steves rule for the game)wich defines "what" is taken out and what is not taken out by writing this in my 2nd post ->

i see it like that, so i cant understand "what" defines the line between "in" and "out" game whise.

there is the line "the US would annihilate them all in the first few hours" but after that!? "what" is the decission factor for deciding "this got taken down" and "this not".

if we would know that we could whish for some syrian gear in a bit more meaningfull way than i did above

do you get what i mean!? i cant explain it better unfortunately. my english is "ok" but iam not good at it.