Prefer 3rd Module or new modern game?

Adam1,

Thanks! Shall have to really pore over the coverage. Must say, though, I'm astounded that marshal is forced to gad about standing at attention in a car whose suspension seems really marginal. Sways like it needs new shocks!

Great collection of Victory Parade stills set to music.

High res, focusing on the modern stuff. Russian VO. 3 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VvZwq3LRus&feature=related

The whole thing--in English! Unfortunately, the commentators are pratting on after the ground combat vehicles begin to roll. Consequently, they get way behind, with the video not even close to the VO.

Regards,

John Kettler

Regards,

John Kettler

[ May 19, 2008, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

(idle speculation alert)

What will the Red forces look like? I dunno... but did you catch wind of that parade last week? We did.
It sounds like we're looking at a present-day Russia vs NATO matchup (which would explain the "we're not doing WP vs NATO"). It would make sense -- NATO vs WP would require a lot of older Western equipment to be modelled, and BFC is probably not going to do that. But the western side in a present-day fight would involve the gear planned for CMSF + modules. For present-day Russia, you have late-Cold War + present day russian gear (which is also planned for CMSF + modules). Red air support is also consistent with this concept. smile.gif

..or maybe I'm full of ****. :D

Hi,

“the contemporary setting will indeed move into the temperate zone”

Great stuff…

Detail does not matter… what we are clearly going to get is NATO v Russia in a contemporary setting… hopefully… ;)

Fulda Gap 2009 and will do just fine smile.gif .

There is a God after all…. ;)

All very good fun,

All the best,

Kip.

PS. BTW… CMSF does a very nice Battle for Ukraine 2008… with the toys coming in the Marines module, plus some very fine Russian mods out there you would be surprised how accurately NATO v Russia, but in the summer of southern Ukraine… can be simulated already. Will post some scenarios and campaigns and such in time.

kipanderson,

If you pop over to the DPICM thread, you can see why I think that would be really ugly for all concerned.

Posted what the Russian Army has these days, some of it dating back to my military analyst days. Those used to Ivan the Technologically Backwards are in for a very rude awakening.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ May 29, 2008, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]