Check out this CMBO review...

http://www.reviewgamer.com/?x=reviews&view=77

Man, this guy just doesn't get it! :(

It seems he was just the wrong person to appreciate CMBO, but I suppose he's right that there is a good chance other's like him would not like the CM series as well. Sad, really.

Not that I'm opposed to a massive graphical upgrade in the next version! smile.gif I love "eyecandy" as much as the next guy.

Jordan "AstroCat"

I've never heard of the site before and I'm a PC games junkie. The reviewer appears to be under the impression that CMBO is a new release, which doesn't say much for his knowledge of PC games in general, most professional or semi-professional reviewers would be aware of the game's history even if they hadn't played CMBO before. They would also write better English and not feel the need to explain the difference between RTS and turn-based games to their readers. I suspect it's just another one of those 'here today, gone tomorrow' amateur review sites that often spring up on the 'net.

BTW who are Mannacom, whom he thinks are the publishers?

[ October 05, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

All these minor and major problems limit the amount of fun and at times cripple the gaming experience that could’ve been far more enjoyed if the game was equipped with better graphics.
Must be one of those people who value graphics over gameplay.

And why does everyone rip into this game because of lack of music? Is it really that big of a deal to people? It isn't for me. Usually I'll just put a CD on or something for background music.

I'll ask the question again-who is Mannaccom? Also, where are the pages of tables he is talking about that are so necessary to the game play? I hardly ever even look at the info on a unit or vehicle. We should all send comments to that reviewer and his publication.

And send him to writing 101 at his local community college, too.

You must keep in mind that this game was first released in 2000, but compared to today’s gaming standards, it won’t survive long.
That's got to be my favourite sentence. Oh well you can't blame him for trying.

If I was BFC I'd be a little worried about someone else supplying a copy claiming to have developed the game. Aren't there laws against that :D

Well they are selling CMBO as this link shows. While they don't actually claim that they developed the game, they don't mention BFC/BTS either. It could be a deal that BFC set up to distribute the reduced price version of CMBO in Australia, but I'm surprised that there was no announcement about it, unless I missed it.

Now that's an interesting review.

"If you want a convincingly real strategy game where intelligence and careful thought will ensure victory then go get Combat Mission."

and

"casual gamers should stay away as far as possible."

Sort of like a fellow seeing this fantastic woman in a bar, but, seeing as she's well educated and full of confidence, he realises the amount of work it would take to even catch her attention and indignantly opts for the drunken halftroll with no self esteem in the corner instead.

Very well. Now we've all raised his visitor stats, so we'll probably be able to read his feelings about CMAK as well in the future.

Actually it does interest me slightly. What will he write I wonder? "Allright that's it, get me my Mario Bro's, I'm outta here"

Cheerio

Dandelion

Given the number of overexposed female breasts on that one single page, I'm surprised he found time to even play CMBO at all.

Then again, seeing as (the site) is beholden to Microprose for the free copy of Extreme Beach Volleyball (read the review) not surprising to see so many images from the game either.

I like how the reviewer of that one posts the pinup pics and not a single picture of the girls actually playing volleball - the whole point of the game???

[ October 06, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Frankly, I'm sick of illiterate fools like this guy ramble on and on about something he knows nothing about till he runs out of steam. Combat Mission should win over anyone even slightly interested in tactical WWII combat , vetern or novice. Unless they have no real interest in WWII combat and really want Wolfenstien 3D instead.

Originally posted by Dandelion:

Sort of like a fellow seeing this fantastic woman in a bar, but, seeing as she's well educated and full of confidence, he realises the amount of work it would take to even catch her attention and indignantly opts for the drunken halftroll with no self esteem in the corner instead.

Leave my private life out of this :D .

Originally posted by Firefly:

Leave my private life out of this :D .

Oh no worries, you're on the right track there. Whenever in these situations, I reason that one 1.000.000£ note and a million 1£ notes is exactly the same value in the end.

I've looked at paintings of Casanova's mistresses. He obviously went with the 1£ alternative too. So it's evidently a winner's choice of modus operandi.

Just put a little efort in it and - Bob's your uncle - you will have accumulated the woman of your dreams.

Cheerio

Dandelion

That site apparently doesn't know anything either about how to properly resize images so they don't look all squished and smushed. ;)

Every so often a review like this pops up on some obscure game website. The sites that matter though, have always given our programs high marks.

Madmatt