Details

Apologies if these have already been asked, but what types of American infantry will be represented? Are there just Stryker and/or Bradley mounted mech? Will there be light infantry or airborne or even Rangers. I know the armament will be similar for all types but morale/experience/ etc would likely be different..yes?

Also since I understand that random maps can not be generated for quick battles (my favorite CM play), can you import maps from already made scenarios to modify and/or change units in the scenario generator like you could with CMBB or CMAK?

Finally, has anyone found additional good references for Stryker BCT doctine/tactics/SOPs? Would be interesting to see how the Army plans to use them...

Looking forward to the demo.

The basic squad composition is the same for light infantry and Stryker infantry.

The thing is, in the editor only the SBCT and HBCT TO&E are modeled. But you can choose a Stryker BN and cut out the Strykers to effectively create an Airborne BN.

Two things are missing though for to make the BN complete. There are no extra HHC folks, just the CO, XO, Scouts (in the form of a sniper section and FO) and BN Mortar assets.

Also, (I’m not sure if they are set up this way still) the D Coy vehicles are not represented in the TO&E. Though since the 82nd shifted it’s org a few years ago, I’m not sure those are still an independent company or attached to the new Cav units.

So it can be done, it just may not be exact. You can still easily model a Coy level light infantry fight.

Also, experience and moral as well as fitness are all variables for the unit formations. So STRAC Paratroopers can be made.

I can’t comment on the composition of Ranger BN’s.