My infantry seem to ignore men

I am not sure if my infantry is ignoring the units I target. I kill or capture everyone except 2 guys. I have 2 units literally within 1-2 meters and he is in visual and neither side shoots. I manually target and it shows the command, but they still won't shoot. Are they capturing or is this a bug?

I feel I might be having the same issue. Here in the final training mission my infantry sat in the first floor while Syrians administer first aid to their troops. They were in there a good 2-3 minutes before I moved em back out upon which they resume fighting each other.

bug.jpg

They do this alot. If I order my guys to storm a building (straight to 2nd floor) and they run in the door they ignore everyone in 1st floor. They just bypass the enemy - which is not too keen in engaging either. When the grunts get to 2nd floor they start dropping grenades down to 1st floor etc. So it seems close combat is no longer simulated (knife, bayonet, shovel whatever) or? This leads to some funny (in a sad way) situations...

Zip

So move is the only one that really works and using that one causes the infantry to walk in slowly... d'oh! How about "storm" command etc. that causes the inf to use speed, but also engage enemies, especially in buildings. Like you see them doing in Iraq on TV almost everyday... Never seen them walk into buildings they think enemies are in, nor bypass the enemies when they run in...

Zip

Ah yes. Assault is a good one, too. That will provide covering fire from half of your platoon.

Well there is a tradeoff between speed and sighting. I think "storming" buildings is more akin to the "move" command. I know I wouldn't be moving through a building any faster than walking speed if I wasn't damn sure it was clear ;)

It seems this not really WAD. no matter what movement order, I had 2 groups assigned to a building, 1st rushing straight to 2nd floor, 2nd stayed on 1st floor (both on assault orders). The first floor had some syrian forces, and they kept standing next to my troops for 3 minutes or so on the same floor. Two blokes were lying on top of eachother even.

Watching both US & Syrian troops throw grenades into the middle of the room as some sort of my bang is bigger then yours. Got bored, send my other team down from 2nd floor, and aha! my first floor team decided to get into action now that there were some colleagues and 10 seconds later the room was cleared.

Apparently something triggered that wasn't triggered before.

Normally on building entry my team set up next to the enemy in the room, and after say 5 seconds, after all finding a spot (and in this case filling a balcony ignoring the syrian at the door), they open fire and kill or get killed...

*edit seems to be related to assault command, move seems to work better

[ July 28, 2007, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Cornfleek ]

Jaguar, I bet you wouldn't be walking around outside the building... And what I've seen of building clearing the speed is a key to not get bogged down. But of course this requires use of grenades etc. Yes, it can be done in the game by adding quick-command to the door, then target inside the house (with luck they throw a nade) and move inside. The problem is if you want to do it this way you need to mucromanage a LOT and that is really something you don't want to do in a platoon+ scenario when forced to play RT. For me this is as irritating as trying to get my Syrian armour into hull-down (as I don't want to go head to head with Abrams'). You have to micromanage one vehicle and while at it the other vehicles, left on their own, will usually get busted big time.

Zip