Release Date?

Originally posted by Iron_man:

Looking forward to seeing a rented Kubelwagon pull into my driveway full of old farts in their WWII Army BDUs bought from a surplus store armed with M1 garands and Tommy guns.

Nah. It will be an extremely attractive redhead on a motorcycle carrying a poison-tipped silver dagger. You won't be able to resist her. As you throw yourself into her arms, you will feel the bite of her blade and then everything will go dark.

You gotta admit, we have style.

Michael

i guess i forgive you, since any rebuttel will be met mercillesly with another condescending essay...

Keep in mind that condescension from me is like a hug from anyone else.

...to which i will not be able to adaquately respond...

Never fear. One day you may not only be as wise, brilliant and beloved as I, myself, am, but also hopefully you will also be able to use a huge club of words to bludgeon your opponent into insensibility.

Do not, though, make the mistake of thinking that just because I was vicious, mocking and unfair, that I was also incorrect. When you argue, you must get used to the horrifying possibility that complete scum can also be right.

... because i dont have a darn ounce of credibility to my name.

Won't work as a rebuttal. Serial killers have more credibility on this Board than I do. At least until Justice catches up with them. Then they'll have to hope the Administration has a vested interest in defending their analysis to get them off death row.

I take comfort in my bottle of Grey Goose, and the fact that statistically you will die sooner than me.

You are far too young to be falling back on alcohol. Especially if you want the second part of your statement to have any significance.

Otherwise, one day I will simply recycle a great deal of beer on your grave.

Make sure your Executors let me know where it is, in case I need to come by and have a 'final word' with you. ;)

Bah! Poison-tipped silver daggers! How did you know my weakness! Some P.I. in Washington must of got a lot of money for that one...

Good. You are 'joshing around' with Emrys. He's actually one of the more reasonable, intelligent people on this Board. Keep an eye on him and his statements. Consider, perhaps, even 'modeling' yourself on him.

For one thing, he's as old as sin and twice as likely to have anything interesting to contribute to human interaction.

After you've lived long enough, sin has been pretty well completely investigated.

Oh, and I keep forgetting that this thread is about 'The Release Date'.

Let me just say this:

YOU'LL GET THE GAME WHEN THE GAME IS DONE, YOU SICK BUNCH OF SELF-TOUCHING DEGENERATE WHINGERS! UNTIL THEN, CHEW ON GIBBERISH LIKE THIS AND SUFFER, YOU FETID RESULTS OF BOVINE INTESTINAL COMPLAINT!

I've always wanted to do that.

Of course, it's usually stated as 'the Game will be done when the Game is done'.

But hell, that's been done to death. And it's so pedestrian.

I would be willing to accept an Official appointment from BFC to respond to all 'When Will the Game Be Done' inquiries.

Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

Are you suggesting that it is better to have sinned and lost then never to have sinned at all?

Well, no, actually. What I was thinking about is that it was simply better to have sinned. A lot. Once you've done it enough, you've shorn it of all the 'mystery, taboo and significance' factor that gives it any real power.

To put it in terms of the jolly singsong:

Is that all there is to sin?

Is that all there is?

If that's all there is

it that's all there is

If that's all there is my friend

Then let's keep dancing

We'll break out the booze

And have, a ball

If that's all, there is...

I think that release dates are a lot like the millenial concept in certain religions. Anticipated, feared, predicted but uncertain until it arrives.

Well, this is a very interesting observation. Or it would be, if you weren't talking to someone from the Peng Challenge Thread, where we know, absolutely fecking know that the Apocalypso has already begun.

So your points about 'anticipated, feared, predicted and uncertain' are a bit, for us, like discussing the colour of the icing on the Birthday cake of a child that's never going to be born.

Not only that, but we've already all been informed about when the Game is going to be released. Go ahead and go ballistic about it on the Board. I mean, how likely is it that a tightly knit community of fanatics with an intense set of rules and incredibly rigid hierarchy could all be possessed of that knowledge and give no hint of it, eh?

No one will believe you. It simply couldn't be true.

Philip IV destroyed the Templars because they'd become too wealthy. Not because they knew secrets and had access to things that undermined the thrones of Europe.

The Knights Templar were destroyed in order to forward the cause of Nationalism. And the Peng Challenge Thread has chosen to grant the rank of 'Knight' to seniour members out of a whimsical sense of nostalgia.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Not only that, but we've already all been informed about when the Game is going to be released. Go ahead and go ballistic about it on the Board. I mean, how likely is it that a tightly knit community of fanatics with an intense set of rules and incredibly rigid hierarchy could all be possessed of that knowledge and give no hint of it, eh?

Heck, me & NG Cavscout have already played an alpha version of the game... I even posted an AAR in The One Thread about it.

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

]Heck, me & NG Cavscout have already played an alpha version of the game... I even posted an AAR in The One Thread about it.

sigh You are REALLY starting to annoy me, Sir 37mm! You know by the Rules, that none of you lot are supposed to do anything more, in terms of letting the Outer-Boarders know that we already have Full Access to The Game, than make vague references to 'Uh, yeah, it will be brilliant'.

Look, I enjoy the fact that we will raise a ****e-storm of protest by waving our arses in the face of the Outer-Boarders, but by the terms of your Oath (screw the 'NDA', that's for wussies), you cannot point them towards proof of what we must, perforce, deny.

So shut the hell UP, you Limey feck!

So shut the hell UP, you Limey feck!

Chill… If there’s one thing that I’ve learned on this forum it’s that there will never be an outboarder able to use the search function.

These idjits will never find the AAR

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

I think that release dates are a lot like the millenial concept in certain religions. Anticipated, feared, predicted but uncertain until it arrives.

Well, this is a very interesting observation. Or it would be, if you weren't talking to someone from the Peng Challenge Thread, where we know, absolutely fecking know that the Apocalypso has already begun.

So your points about 'anticipated, feared, predicted and uncertain' are a bit, for us, like discussing the colour of the icing on the Birthday cake of a child that's never going to be born.

No one will believe you. It simply couldn't be true.

Philip IV destroyed the Templars because they'd become too wealthy. Not because they knew secrets and had access to things that undermined the thrones of Europe.

The Knights Templar were destroyed in order to forward the cause of Nationalism. And the Peng Challenge Thread has chosen to grant the rank of 'Knight' to seniour members out of a whimsical sense of nostalgia. [/QB]</font>

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

These idjits will never find the AAR

You'd better hope.

Otherwise you'd better hope that all of this seems like a jolly 'Ho-ho, what a droll joke we are playing, with our talk about Release Dates and Access to the Game bits of banter, eh, what?'

Also, that none of our People ever so forget themselves as to make a joke about something that the Paranoid will be able to later identify as 'accurate', once the Game comes out.

Keep in mind that condescension from me is like a hug from anyone else.[/qb]

in that case, im almost curious as to what your version of a kick in the nuts is like.

Never fear. One day you may not only be as wise, brilliant and beloved as I, myself, am, but also hopefully you will also be able to use a huge club of words to bludgeon your opponent into insensibility.[/qb]

after a fair seasoning on these forums, bludgeon i will smile.gif

you must get used to the horrifying possibility that complete scum can also be right.[/qb]

One of the worst things a man can endure.

You are far too young to be falling back on alcohol.[/qb]

you are obviously not in touch with a how a modern teenager lives, are you? I don't blame ya.

Seanachai,

I gave you a well thought out insulting reply to one of your posts and I don't even get offered a large mug of STFU. I realize I'm not a cesspooler, but I'm hurt. Deeply and truly. I may never recover.

Okay, I'm better now.

What? Where the hell?

Okay, I'll look it all over again. A man in my position simply cannot afford to overlook a well thought out, insulting reply.

Why else the heck am I here, after all?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

Seanachai,

I gave you a well thought out insulting reply to one of your posts and I don't even get offered a large mug of STFU. I realize I'm not a cesspooler, but I'm hurt. Deeply and truly. I may never recover.

Okay, I'm better now.

What? Where the hell?

Okay, I'll look it all over again. A man in my position simply cannot afford to overlook a well thought out, insulting reply.

Why else the heck am I here, after all? </font>

Ah, here we go, then.

A few quick comments. I think science demands that the proper term of something be used when describing seepage from the Peng cesspool - not someone.

Bah! The Cesspool is an all but crystalline pool of Wisdom compared to most of the postings on this Board. Seepage? Twist up your observations into a plug and insert them into your next post.

Secondly, any git knows it is blue icing. Blue must and shall be boldened as it deserves.

Normally, I would go with blue icing myself. But my friend, Small Emma, would go with pink. I have argued this point with her, but she will have nothing but pink. Silly little bugger.

Number C - yes, you know the release date. I wouldn't even suggest that the powers that be have told you "the release date" to merely calm down the cesspool whenever the septic tank cleaners have had to visit.

Oh, I was simply pissing about. There could be no way, of course, that we could already know the Release Date. As everyone knows, the game is still under development. So how could there be a release date.

What I meant, of course, is that everyone in the 'Pool will have seen the Game, played the Game, and been allowed to pre-order the Game long before you lot of lemmings are allowed to know that the Game requires your allegiance.

Penultimately, The Knights Templar were never destroyed. It was merely a ploy by the Pope and French King to allow the Knights to escape the public eye.

Eh? Put your Analyst on 'danger money', bucky. They were destroyed. Conspiracy Theory lunatics will always be after having you believe that somehow the Ancient Enemies survived, in hiding.

The DaVinci Code is merely another sorry attempt to distract the eye.

From what? The fact that it was an appallingly bad novel, written by a total hack, that America ate-up like a hideous trail-mix of awful writing, laughable characterization, and a plot device that is a weak recycling of well-estabished fatuousness from people with urine-stained shoes?

Please! Never mention the complete puddle of ****e that is the "DaVinci Code" again in my presence.

Untold millions of dollars later, you're left with the vague feeling that everyone who read the book would have been better off eating a bran muffin, donating $20 to a local charity, and demanding that the American Government step in and hold the Catholic Church to the same standard of accountability for pedophillia it requires of every other company, organization or citizen.

A truly, truly terrible book. I despise you for even mentioning it.

Oh, I was simply pissing about. There could be no way, of course, that we could already know the Release Date. As everyone knows, the game is still under development. So how could there be a release date.

What I meant, of course, is that everyone in the 'Pool will have seen the Game, played the Game, and been allowed to pre-order the Game long before you lot of lemmings are allowed to know that the Game requires your allegiance.

As OPUS DEI has recently proved, BFC cannot refuse the MBT for long

I despise you for even mentioning it.

Oh right