Few simple newbie questions...

I got the game recently, read all the manual, but i still don't understand few things.

How do i change unit deployment in the start of mission ? (couldn't find that in the manual)

How do i load my troops in an apc ? (probably it's in the manual, but i didn't quite understood)

Also, question about fan made scenarions - if the scenario maker hasn't done anything for AI to understand the map - is it still playable with AI ? Or will the AI just sit in one spot ?

1. In the first turn, use "move" command to place your units withing the deployment area that is colored

2. Select infantry, place cursor on a vehicle. If it turns green with a down arrow, that means the vehicle will hold those passengers. Click on the vehicle to place them there. If the cursor is yellow, the ride is full, or doesnt have passenger ability (MGS Stryker)

3. Yes, the AI will just sit at the start positions

Originally posted by Semigall:

I got the game recently.

Welcome aboard!

How do i change unit deployment in the start of mission?

Usually there will be a coloured setup zone you can reposition your forces within. Just give them a move order within the zone and they will move instantly to the new position. You can also split squads into fire-teams by pressing F8 and then U.

How do i load my troops in an apc?

Just select a unit and hover the cursor over a vehicle with a passenger capacity. If the men will fit inside the cursor will show a green down arrow symbol. If this is showing, left-click and they will mount up (either instantly if in the setup phase, or by moving towards and then entering the vehicle during the game).

Also, question about fan made scenarions - if the scenario maker hasn't done anything for AI to understand the map - is it still playable with AI ? Or will the AI just sit in one spot ?

If no AI plan has been designed the AI player won't do anything other than react to the appearance of enemy units nearby. In some cases this might result in vehicles reversing etc. but that's about it.

Deploy...(page 63 in the manual) Some weapons teams need to be deployed before using a 105 RR rifle for Syrians would be an example. Heavy MG teams fire more accurately when deployed but can fire without deployment as well. The deployment button will be seen only when required. You will find it under "S"

To load troops in APC's click on the troops, hover over the APC until you get this:

arrow6.jpg

Find user made scen here: www.CMMODS.com

to answer your question...NO...The AI must have some kind of movement plan to move. If the AI plan is only to defend than you could just set them up and they will react to a human players attack. However the scen editor allows for multiple plans for both defense and attack so I SERIOUSLY doubt you will find a scen that doesn't have a plan.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy CM:SF!

I am currently playing around with counter attack plans. Quite complex AI involving an attack that gets met head on by some units while others lie in depth with AT and Sniper coverage.

Lots of groups doing there own thing whilst in a co-ordinated defence. Not working that well at the moment as soon as you use QB due to the random element of forces. I.E battle tanks sitting back instead of making a flank rush while the Infantry run ahead and get exausted.

In the scenario it's the other way around.