Where/How will it be sold?

I was wondering if you will be selling CM:SF through stores or will it be digital download only.

The reason I ask is that I was under the impression that in Canada, EB Games was to release CMAK last week. I keep checking but they cannot find the title anywhere in their computer lists. I am not comfortable with digital download and so have not purchased it yet.

I would prefer to buy a box with paper manual then a dowmload. If it is a download though, I would like the ability to save it to disk so that when I wipe my PC HD (which I do on a semi-annual basis)I do not have to go through the process of downloading again.

You can still put me into the disappointed but will still buy crowd. I would like to see more than Americans vs the world for every game released but if you can make it easy for me to buy, I will be a happier camper.

Will it be distributed through regular stores and stuff? It seems that (with the magazine article and all) BFC is going for a little more publicity this time around (a move, BTW, that I applaud). But many casual people who wouldn't bother to buy it off the website would see it on the shelf at Best Buy and say "Oh! I remember that! It was the game that was supposed to be all realistic and stuff. I guess I'll pick it up!"

Also, it is more convinient for me to walk over to Game Stop than to wait for the package to arrive via mail. And what is best for me is best for the world.

Pvt. Ryan is correct. We are not changing a thing from our philosophy of selling online only at first, and going to stores with a Special Edition some time after. And for the record, even if we'd offer digital downloads for new products (which we even aren't at the moment), we'll always keep the printed manual (well, at least for the products where it makes sense economically and content-wise)

If CMAK is not available in Canada, then it's only a matter of time until it rolls out there, too. With CMBB last year, CDV also made a staggered release.

Martin

Dear Canadaguy

I think you are mistaken about how to purchase CMAK. It is purchased online by mail order. It is not an online download. After the usual shipping delay, you receive a CD with a quick reference paper manual. The comprehensive manual is on the CD in PDF format.

That is how it works in the U.S. anyway. I don't know if there are any differences when ordering outside the U.S. Any comments from Moon?

I agree with you about the digital download. For big files, it just takes too long.