Interface requests

Hi,

Here are some things I think would be useful to add to the game.

1. A way of limiting selection of units using double-click to only infantry or only vehicles. This could be implemented such that if you hold down a certain key like "i" when double-clicking on a unit, all the infantry of that platoon are selected. Similarly, if holding down "v" when double-clicking, all the vehicles of that platoon are selected.

2. A way of navigating through the command hierarchy of your force using keys alone. The simplest solution is that used by "Take Command". If you select 2nd platoon HQ, A Co., pressing "left arrow" selects 1st platoon HQ, A Co., pressing "right arrow" selects 3rd platoon HQ, A Co., pressing "up arrow" selects A Co. HQ, and pressing "down arrow" selects 1st squad, 2nd platoon, A Co. This system is very intuitive and helps you find units in the heat of battle.

Of course, the main problem with the above is that BFC have already used the "i" key for "Quick" and the arrow keys for the camera angle, so they would have to come up with some other hot keys, but you get the picture!

[ November 17, 2007, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]

Originally posted by Spindry69:

I only use the mouse and that is really irritating with the present menu system. I wish BFC would bring back the CMx1 right click and scroll menu.

Absolutely. Half my frustration with the game is the command system. Always good to try out something new, but in this case it is definitely 1 step forward, 5 or 6 back. In my opinion....

Tim

1. Big red button in right lower area should be a Pause toggle button during realtime play. You can currently play the entire game with only the mouse except for pausing.

2. A button that shows the whole list of all units, so you can select any unit without having to search around the map manually.

3. Please add to this list.

Originally posted by Spindry69:

I only use the mouse and that is really irritating with the present menu system. I wish BFC would bring back the CMx1 right click and scroll menu.

Effing good point. Why complicate what was really simple before. I have no answer and seemingly BFC has no answer as well.

Mouse menus are the way to go in RTS. If this is supposed to be a good RTS then you should be able to play it just with a Mouse.