Tank Damage

Originally posted by General Colt:

Will some immobile tanks be shown with their track knocked off?

I can already hear the grogs now.. "Because the Stug III was slewing to the left when it was hit in the right track, the track should have peeled of in a completely different way than shown in the animation!"

I do agree though, it would be nice to have a few more options for knocked out tanks & vehicles.

For example, if I hit in front of a Jeep with a 150mm inf gun, I want to see it backflip..! :D

I tend to think the backflipping jeep is a bit hollywood, i'd guess that after being hit by a 150mm, you'd be lucky to find the steeringwheel let alone the jeep.

Seeing light vehicles lifted and turned by artillery might be something, but as elsewhere, I doubt if it merits days of programming.

A slightly larger range of graphic options from "abandoned with scratches", to "I can't tell what it used to be" would do me.

Peter.

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

Oh god not another flying turret thread!!!

Some more graphic representations would be nice including dead tanks that look fine and make you waste shots on them. Happened a lot more than turrets being blown off.

Sounds like someone is assuming WW2, and we all know what happens when you assume. BFC has all but stated that at least one of the CMx2 will be modern combat. As I understand a 120mm DU shell hitting a t-72 easily flipped the turret. Just food for thought.

Originally posted by Dillweed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

Oh god not another flying turret thread!!!

Some more graphic representations would be nice including dead tanks that look fine and make you waste shots on them. Happened a lot more than turrets being blown off.

Sounds like someone is assuming WW2, and we all know what happens when you assume. BFC has all but stated that at least one of the CMx2 will be modern combat. As I understand a 120mm DU shell hitting a t-72 easily flipped the turret. Just food for thought. </font>

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

It causes an immediate liquidation of the nerve bundle between the 3rd and 4th leg pairs and so a loss of equilibrium.

Not that I'm saying anything that everyone doesn't already know.

Well, that's never going to sell then. I think the 3rd leg should fly off, spinning in a graceful arc, spraying doomed lobster (heh!) juices everywhere.

The juices should, of course, be highly toxic and corrosive. And glow a faintly radioactive green colour.

That would be sweet.

Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

I tend to think the backflipping jeep is a bit hollywood, i'd guess that after being hit by a 150mm, you'd be lucky to find the steeringwheel let alone the jeep.

Really?

I thought all cars blew up when they drove off of a cliff, and a helicopter that crashes always crashes 'behind the hill' and also creates a 200' fireball and of course vehicles somersault when a fragmentation grenade explodes under them.

{I need to start including [sarcasm] tags in my posts so you guys know when I'm joking and when I actually have a genuine hair brained idea... :rolleyes: }

As I understand a 120mm DU shell hitting a t-72 easily flipped the turret.

Still not common enough to waste programing time or space over.

As I understand it it was/is actually pretty common due to the poor ammo protection in the Soviet tanks.

The splinters from the DU rounds would frequently ignite the ammo and the overpressure from the explosion would blow the turret off.