Pathfinding. The fun killer.

Hukka

I just witnessed a BMP-2 going through a wall cutting it through a building, penetrating a second building and going out to other side of the apartment block finally going through another wall again into the freedom of the streets.
i had something similar with a UAZ. it overshot its 90° left turn into a street and drove through a house while going back to the street, insanly slow to drive in houses :(

I just witnessed a BMP-2 going through a wall cutting it through a building, penetrating a second building and going out to other side of the apartment block finally going through another wall again into the freedom of the streets.
i had something similar with a UAZ. it overshot its 90° left turn into a street and drove through a house while going back to the street, insanly slow to drive in houses :(

I think the quick solution to my problems would be to allow vehicles go through each other. This would be far less frustrating than current situation where the drivers try to find a way around the objects.

And why can't there be a command that let's you drive STRAIGHT along the line you draw, no matter what comes in your way?? This would solve many of my problems.

I think the quick solution to my problems would be to allow vehicles go through each other. This would be far less frustrating than current situation where the drivers try to find a way around the objects.

And why can't there be a command that let's you drive STRAIGHT along the line you draw, no matter what comes in your way?? This would solve many of my problems.

I had no problems moving my stykers past those trucks. I actually moved 3 stykers in a line formation (giving each styker individual move orders)all the way to the barracks. I do however have problems about openings inbetween walls however. Also when you try moving a vehicle and it has to pass by a stationary vehicle is a bit of a dilema. I usually use slow command in built up areas.

This sounds stupid and i don't mean to offend, but make sure your not on 'hunt' move command. I know i've done it a couple of times without realising...

I had no problems moving my stykers past those trucks. I actually moved 3 stykers in a line formation (giving each styker individual move orders)all the way to the barracks. I do however have problems about openings inbetween walls however. Also when you try moving a vehicle and it has to pass by a stationary vehicle is a bit of a dilema. I usually use slow command in built up areas.

This sounds stupid and i don't mean to offend, but make sure your not on 'hunt' move command. I know i've done it a couple of times without realising...