Cover Arc in WEGO ?

ArsGeek,Review stated,"However, even if you set a ‘cover arc’, your troops will not engage until you manually unhide them. Unfortunately, you can’t time this perfectly in WEGO mode, as the enemy might be beyond your ambush zone by the time you get to issue orders again." Assuming this is the case, then this is a step backwards for the WEGO element of the game and a major limitation.

ArsGeek,Review stated,"However, even if you set a ‘cover arc’, your troops will not engage until you manually unhide them. Unfortunately, you can’t time this perfectly in WEGO mode, as the enemy might be beyond your ambush zone by the time you get to issue orders again." Assuming this is the case, then this is a step backwards for the WEGO element of the game and a major limitation.

ah, this thread is back, so i add a thing...

i would "like" 4 types of cover arcs :cool:

Cover armor

Cover armor light

Cover arc

Cover arc light

the light ones should be to preserve ammo and dont give the position away immediatly, other one is as normal.

now the BEST thing with that is that you should be able to plot two(2) cover arcs at any given time(1 armor 1 normal each) in fairly different or also same direction.

like cover armor light, out to 150m and cover inf normaly out to 250 or someting...that would be awsome and i dunno whats aginst it :D

if than the "unhide" behaviour, when something comes into an arc, works its all "awsome" for WeGo as RT :cool:

EDIT:

and they need to be extendable beyond the mapedge!

EDIT2: ;)

this struck my mind today while plying, this would give awsome control over things i felt and feel ;)

[ August 08, 2007, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

Cover armor

Cover armor light

Cover arc

Cover arc light

the light ones should be to preserve ammo and dont give the position away immediatly, other one is as normal.

now the BEST thing with that is that you should be able to plot two(2) cover arcs at any given time(1 armor 1 normal each) in fairly different or also same direction.

like cover armor light, out to 150m and cover inf normaly out to 250 or someting...that would be awsome and i dunno whats aginst it :D

if than the "unhide" behaviour, when something comes into an arc, works its all "awsome" for WeGo as RT :cool:

EDIT:

this struck my mind today while plying, this would give awsome control over things i felt and feel ;)

Cover armor

Cover armor light

Cover arc

Cover arc light

EDIT: