WEGO now an afterthought.. why?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by LGMB:

What I meant was, this "CMSF is just and RTS" is bogus.

You don't collect wood and gold in CM so you can upgrade your units with rocket launchers and Javs.

You dont collect wood and gold in Theatre of War, but I dont think anyone will argue whether that is an RTS.

You don't collect wood and gold in CM so you can upgrade your units with rocket launchers and Javs.

You dont collect wood and gold in Theatre of War, but I dont think anyone will argue whether that is an RTS.

This was evident, just remember the many debate threads all over the forum.

Personally I don't believe in design by consensus. Conceptual integrity is much more important. If this was the vision of the designers so be it.

What surprised me that they allocated very few resources to test the wego mode. It contains pretty ugly bugs.

I have only seen the demo, but the physical engine is superb, it could easily drive an old-style wego wargame too.

Personally I don't believe in design by consensus. Conceptual integrity is much more important. If this was the vision of the designers so be it.

What surprised me that they allocated very few resources to test the wego mode. It contains pretty ugly bugs.

I have only seen the demo, but the physical engine is superb, it could easily drive an old-style wego wargame too.

Close Combat, Total War, Hearts of Iron, World in Conflict are all RTS. But none of them are conventional clickfest RTS in the sense that Command & Conquer or Warcraft are. RTS is a game mechanic, it's not a game format. RTS can work very well even for the more serious war games like CMSF.

That said, it's also not a reason to leave WeGo out...

[ July 28, 2007, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Exel ]

Close Combat, Total War, Hearts of Iron, World in Conflict are all RTS. But none of them are conventional clickfest RTS in the sense that Command & Conquer or Warcraft are. RTS is a game mechanic, it's not a game format. RTS can work very well even for the more serious war games like CMSF.

That said, it's also not a reason to leave WeGo out...

[ July 28, 2007, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Exel ]