It is Better to Serve in the Peng Challenge Thread, Than to Rule In Heaven...

If there's anything more important than 'Rules', it's the knowledge that we are all, one day, going to be thoroughly, thoroughly dead.

And rotted.

No 'Combat Mission: Your Favourite Flavour Here'. No 'I Should Have Made Love to SO Many More People/Creatures/Objets d'Art'.

No more chances to post in the Peng Challenge Thread.

I see you recoil in horror, and well you should. It is only by suppressing this knowledge that the average person can carry on, remain sane, and deal with the day to day vagaries of life.

It is part of a great 'process of denial' that functioning beings live with every day.

In the face of our own mortality, we create 'coping mechanisms'. We raise of up Figures of Authority. We create Mythologies, and we invest Systems of Belief with the Power of Law. We empower our Hopes, and we tremble before our Fears.

And, after enough time has passed, and enough belief has been pumped into the system, and enough pronouncements have been made by 'Those in Authority'. we achieve a sort of peace.

We think that we know who we are, and we imagine that we know why we are here, and from this knowledge we derive comfort, and have the serenity to chart the course that we think we should follow.

BUT IN THIS INCARNATION OF THE PENG CHALLENGE THREAD, I COME TO YOU BEARING NOT PEACE, BUT A SWORD! FOR ONLY BY THE CHALLENGE, IN ITS PUREST FORM, SHALL YOU BE KNOWN.

Three Were, Remain, and Always Will Be. The Olde Ones of the Peng Challenge Thread. There will not be Anarchy.

But now, let Us kick out the worn stops of Order, Understanding, and Duty.

Powers and Principalities. Divisions, Combat, and Strife. Cherubim and Seraphim. Devils and Demons.

No Knights, Senior Knights, Squires, Serfs. None of the carefully contrived hierarchies that make the trains run on time, and keep the Darkness further away than the last beer.

In the interest of focus, we'll simply ask you to stand with the Forces of Light, or the Army of Darkness.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's anything more important than 'Rules', it's the knowledge that we are all, one day, going to be thoroughly, thoroughly dead.

And rotted.

No 'Combat Mission: Your Favourite Flavour Here'. No 'I Should Have Made Love to SO Many More People/Creatures/Objets d'Art'.

I see you recoil in horror, and well you should. It is only by suppressing this knowledge that the average person can carry on, remain sane, and deal with the day to day vagaries of life.

It is part of a great 'process of denial' that functioning beings live with every day.

In the face of our own mortality, we create 'coping mechanisms'. We raise of up Figures of Authority. We create Mythologies, and we invest Systems of Belief with the Power of Law. We empower our Hopes, and we tremble before our Fears.

And, after enough time has passed, and enough belief has been pumped into the system, and enough pronouncements have been made by 'Those in Authority'. we achieve a sort of peace.

We think that we know who we are, and we imagine that we know why we are here, and from this knowledge we derive comfort, and have the serenity to chart the course that we think we should follow.

BUT IN THIS INCARNATION OF THE PENG CHALLENGE THREAD, I COME TO YOU BEARING NOT PEACE, BUT A SWORD! FOR ONLY BY THE CHALLENGE, IN ITS PUREST FORM, SHALL YOU BE KNOWN.

Three Were, Remain, and Always Will Be. The Olde Ones of the Peng Challenge Thread. There will not be Anarchy.

Powers and Principalities. Divisions, Combat, and Strife. Cherubim and Seraphim. Devils and Demons.

No Knights, Senior Knights, Squires, Serfs. None of the carefully contrived hierarchies that make the trains run on time, and keep the Darkness further away than the last beer.

In the interest of focus, we'll simply ask you to stand with the Forces of Light, or the Army of Darkness.

And rotted.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Are you senile, or just plain stupid?

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=001705

tongue.gif

You can either deliver up to me a virtual Labatt's Blue label, or you can shut the hell up and read what I've written, and choose a side in the coming madness of combat and Thread violence.

Pillock.

tongue.gif

You can either deliver up to me a virtual Labatt's Blue label, or you can shut the hell up and read what I've written, and choose a side in the coming madness of combat and Thread violence.

Pillock.

tongue.gif

Pillock.

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

Geez five posts and four are by Seanachai. Does he do any plays?

Seanachai is like a walking, drinking five-act play with nine of my good cigars stuck in his chanting gob, puffing away 'way too fast on all of them.

With a drink in each hand and a song in his belabored and bleeding heart.

And Seanachai, My Dear, I declare for the light, and as the new Olde One, I also claim the title of Power in this new incarnation: I claim the Power of Persiflage.

Seanachai is like a walking, drinking five-act play with nine of my good cigars stuck in his chanting gob, puffing away 'way too fast on all of them.

And Seanachai, My Dear, I declare for the light, and as the new Olde One, I also claim the title of Power in this new incarnation: I claim the Power of Persiflage.