1 : 1 unit representation and arty?

Originally posted by Lee:

Marines (and U.S. Army soldiers, for that matter) are well known for going through hell and high water to help a wounded friend. So I hope an appropriate modifier has been applied in CMII to the Marine squads and teams to greatly lessen the chance of "the squad might be cowering and in no mood to risk themselves", when it comes to giving medic/corpsman aid to a wounded Marine.

There is. Actually, it's already in CMSF - it's called "suppressive fire". I reccomend it.

If you think that BFC should give the USMC or the US Army some sort of nationality-based modifier because they're Americans ... well, you can't have been paying attention these last 7 years ;)

All soldiers cower when they come under effective enemy fire. Well, the ones who live do. Once they've won the firefight, then they can move on to giving aid.

There's a difference between wisely keeping your head down when there's incoming fire and not doing everything in your power, even if it is quite dangerous to yourself, for a wounded fellow marine. And the bonus isn't because they're Americans, it's because the marines have a reputation that they (and those great navy corpsmen which fight alongside them) have earned in blood for doing just that sort of thing in many fierce battles.

As far as your comment about the last 7 years (I assume you mean the last 5+ years since Sept. 11th 2001), I'm not aware of anything that has lessened the reputation of the marines for taking care of their fellow marines in combat.

I have to say my favorite thing about CMSF is the Artillery. When it finally got in I wasn't impressed by it, I was floored. It just adds so much immersion and kicks up the cool factor when you can save your little straight leggers from harm with an accurate burst from your mortar teams. Scenario designers need to pay attention to putting it in as it can effectively ruin your plans. And this goes for the Syrians as well as the "Blue" side, especially in the smaller scens.

If it was normal to take care of buddies while exposed and under heavy fire they'd stop handing out medals for doing so. Don't believe the hype. Being shot at is mind numbingly scary.
Well said. Dont belive the "Gloryfing" US-advertisement. smile.gif