Yet another mentally-challenged request.

J Ruddy

OK - I know I should have asked for/about this months ago but...

Will it be possible to massage VP's on individual units, with different values for 'force value' (purchase price), killed or captured.

I must be frigging obsessed with JTF2 or somefink cause I can't get the idea of surgical strikes in CMSF out of my frigging head.

Imagine a scenario where a Stryker coy is tasked with neutralizing para's who are holed up in a village. Intel indicates that among the militants are Saudi nationals who really need to be captured and interrogated.

So in this case, the Saudi irregulars would be worth x points to buy, but only give the Americans 1/2x if killed or say 4x if captured.

Another way to look at it is from Syrian point of view. Perhaps an Iraqi intelligence officer is embedded with the US Troops. As far as 'Force Value' he'd be quite low, but the Americans really wouldn't want him dead or captured so maybe he'd be worth 5x his basic value dead or captured?

I don't know if this even makes sense, but I thought I'd share my ideas... too late, of course but maybe in the next release, Combat Mission - War Plan Red.

jr

Yes, you can tag individual units with various degrees of value towards an overall score. Such things are called Objectives of a type Unit. The main reason we added it was for the Syrian forces. An entire battle might be fought by the Syrians in order to destroy a single Abrams tank. That's it... that's all they want to be happy. Doesn't matter if there is one Syrian left standing at the end, if they get that tank they'll consider it a victory. Now, if the US forces on the other side are tasked with total elimination of all Syrian opposition as their main Objective, they'll be pretty happy with their result as well. Who would be declared the victor? Depends on how important force protection is for each side. I'd say that in the example I'm talking about the Syrians would likely win, but the details are up to the scenario designer.

Steve