Hertz rate suddenly changing?

Vixen

I've played AK and CMBB for months with no issues on this computer then just the other day, when I load up either game it starts it up in 75hz mode instead of the 60hz it's supposed to run in. Is there a place that I can manually reset it so I can run it back at 60hz or will I need to reinstall? Running it at 75hz skews the video way yo the right, cutting off a good 20% of the visable area. The lack of a video options tab/button for the games is real annoying.

You need to delete the respective Prefs file for each game in order to change the resolution/vertical refresh rate. Once you do this the next time you start the game you will be offered the resolution selection screens first, starting with your current desktop resolution (or the closest CM resolution underneath it), but at the highest vertical refresh rate supported by the video driver (which may be 160Hz, 120Hz, etc.). Each successive screen should show you a lower refresh rate until you hit 60Hz, after that you go to the next lower resolution, but again at the highest vertical refresh rate offered by the video driver for that resolution.

Once you select a resolution and its vertical refresh rate, it should remain in effect until you either delete the Prefs file again or you use a desktop resolution that is lower than what CM is set for (when launching CM). CM will detect that you're running at a lower resolution and offer the resolution selection process again (under the assumption that you're now running a display that may not handle the higher resolution that the game was set for previously).