Off topic? sorry

ok, so I am not too excited about this, looks like a great game, just not my time period of interest.

I really liked cmbb, while cmak was just ok, I also liked tow. Wht I was wondering where there any plans to do a dual core ati friendly, FOG available, new version of combat missions? please move this if this should go into another forum? did not see any appropriate one. .thanks again

is there a culteral reference I am not geting in the above? pink? pro? teddy bear?

Back to the subject, are we going to have special forces "teady bear " units with special pink insignia? Special moral troops? ok now that was sick even buy my standards!

WW2 is often criticised as too over done, I suggest it is doen for a reason... great variable tactical situations and units spanning a good deal of terrain and types of weapons, from biplanes to jets, from mini tanks to monster tanks, from light submachine guns to single fire arms of all calibres... I would love a cmak/cmbb plus ardennes game for terriegn and time frame and this new engine... looks promissing and could be the answer to those in need of cm type ww2 who are not satisfied with tow.. although I still think as tow developes it will shine....

It's maybe overdone in the low quality legion. High quality games of any type, those there are never too many of!

(Ok, maybe when Red Baron and Knights of the Skies were released almost at the same time in the 90's. But it's rare that we get simultaneously two so similar quality games about one subject.)

Originally posted by Sergei:

It's maybe overdone in the low quality legion. High quality games of any type, those there are never too many of!

(Ok, maybe when Red Baron and Knights of the Skies were released almost at the same time in the 90's. But it's rare that we get simultaneously two so similar quality games about one subject.)

M-1 Tank Platoon and Steel Thunder were simultaneous as well, no?

Originally posted by Freeboy:

is there a culteral reference I am not geting in the above? pink? pro? teddy bear?

Back to the subject, are we going to have special forces "teady bear " units with special pink insignia? Special moral troops? ok now that was sick even buy my standards!

WW2 is often criticised as too over done, I suggest it is doen for a reason... great variable tactical situations and units spanning a good deal of terrain and types of weapons, from biplanes to jets, from mini tanks to monster tanks, from light submachine guns to single fire arms of all calibres... I would love a cmak/cmbb plus ardennes game for terriegn and time frame and this new engine... looks promissing and could be the answer to those in need of cm type ww2 who are not satisfied with tow.. although I still think as tow developes it will shine....

There are no cultural references. Luderbamsen translates as "The Prostitute Teddybear". It was a name given by a bunch of 1st graders (or thereabout) to a pink teddybear, and became a running joke among some friends of mine.

Since I took the name I've gotten into all sorts of trouble. Nobody seems to get that it's just a joke, and keep accusing me of being a sexist woman-hater, among other things.

There is certainly nothing wrong with a good modern wargame, nor is there anything wrong with a WW2 game. Nor is there anything wrong with wanting one but not the other.