Wall Blasting, and then running around to the other side of the building...

Hello,

So in 1.2 I would bum rush from the rear of a building and my troops would actually go in at the correct angle. In 1.3 this is not the case. In the picture, Number 1 represents where i want them to go, and Number 2 represents the path that they actually take. I've blown the back wall of the building, and told my troops to enter the building, but they keep on going around to the other side of the building. What am i missing here?

Example1CBSF.png

I've heard other reports of this, but to make sure: are you sure they actually blasted through side 1?

If so, how did you give your orders and in what sequence? Just curious.

if you look at the picture where the number 2 is (target building), you can barely make out that the wall of the building facing the player is breached on the first floor. Once it has been breached i order troops into the building (route 1). The problem is they dont go to route 1, they go to route 2 automatically, no matter if i walk them right up to the wall, or start them from a different building. I am perplexed.

I had this problem in 1.2 airfield missioin. i blasted the inner wall heading from teh hq to the barraks, so my vehicles wouldn't hve to go through the gate, as that path is easily in the LOS of every building. I blasted a breach so only the 1st row had LoS. My strikers refused to go through it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that's necessarily a breaching bug, I think it's bad pathfinding. I've had the same route plotted when trying to enter any of the buildings in that row through the doorway. IIRC, my squads also went the same way when I tried to send them into the alley on the left. (The one roughly across from the start of your line.)