Weird Selection and Cancel Behavior

Anyone notice that clicking from unit to unit seems to keep adding units to the orders list so that when you give orders, all these unexpected units perform the actions? I'm not holding shift or anything like that. It is really annoying me. I have to click on blank space before giving orders to another unit to prevent this behavior. Lost a whole squad because of this...

Also, it seems that backspace doesn't cancel orders sometimes. So my guys run off and are getting mowed down because of some wierd order they were accidentally given because of the selection weirdness and then I can't even cancel it.

Anyone else seen this?

I'm not sure this is the exact issue you are having, but for me the key was training myself to remember to RIGHT-CLICK once you finish issuing your movement order(s) for a unit. It is hard to get used to at first after playing years of CMx1, but once you train yourself to do it... problem solved!