No SET UP button??

c3k

Okay, I've finally loaded CMSF v1.04 onto my machine. Yeah, it's got a steep learning curve.

Why, oh why, when I'm in the SET UP phase, with all my men hording together, is there no SET UP button?? You know, the one you click to PLACE a unit somewhere IN the SET UP zone. Oh, wait: that was in CMx1. It's not needed anymore... :<

Call it PLACE, AT START, or GO HERE; I don't care. I do care that when I select a unit I don't have any GUI which helps me choose where to place that unit.

Hmmm, setting up seems to be an important first step in a lot of scenarios.....

Thanks,

Ken

I can't say I'm experienced at this game yet, with all of 1 scenario (replayed 4 times) and one QB under my belt, BUT... I did try the MOVE command in the set up phase. It put a beautiful movement waypoint and line right where I selected. I hit the red button. Then the unit MOVED to that spot as its actin in the FIRST TURN, not instantly at SET UP.

Shrug. I'll tinker until 1.05 comes out.

Thanks,

Ken

c3,

Umm if they're in the setup zone and the point you select is in the setup zone they will automatically be moved there when you give them the move command. It sounds like you were trying to place units outside of your setup area. That is the only way they will be given a movement command instead of simply being placed instantly where you put it.

PrezCarman,

In a QB, is there a setup zone? If so, how is it shown?

I placed the MOVE waypoint only a few meters away from my squad. I was puzzled at the lack of setup options.

I'm still grappling with the GUI and all the fun of CMSF. I consider it a victory that I noticed the cursor's icon changes if you select a vehicle for your men to enter. It's the little things....

Thanks,

Ken

The issue could be you are playing in a QB with no set up zones.

I am not sure about this but some QB's have good set up zones and some might (by accident or bug) have no set up zone, or them in the wrong place, perhaps. (But I am guessing about that, but it sounds like a situation your symptoms or experience is describing, e.g. QB with no set up zones.)