1.2.9 & CZ

poesel

As I've already said, I would appreciate a proper announcement of a new DT version here. I wouldn't have noticed if bboyle hadn't written about his update problems.

I'd also like to know what has changed because diffing through all new files is a bit tedious especially since CZ's differ anyway from the standard models.

On another note: I'll be off for a ten day holiday from next weekend. So if you want any changes done to CZ (except the update) like scenario rotation then tell me now.

For the most part v 1.2.9 seems to be running well for me and other than a couple of crashes to desktop, game-play itself has been fairly smooth. I have, however, noticed a couple of quirks which need to be addressed: first-off, the hover-craft are getting bogged-down immediately after getting dropped on a very frequent basis - almost every time with a hurricane. The other problem I've encountered a lot recently occurs when attempting to give an attack order (possibly other orders as well) to all the bots at once, and instead they all freeze in place and are unresponsive to any other group orders. The only way I've been able to get them moving again is to give each individual bot its own orders....not a very good option when you've just released your emp and are expecting the bots to all attack on cue, but instead you have to start issuing a tonne of new orders.

As far as CZ is concerned, I've kinda enjoyed having the maps on full rotation, as it gives us more variety in terms of the environments we can test the new toys in. One thing I would like to request Poesel, when you get back from your holiday, is upping the number of bots in the scenarios. As a dedicated bot wrangler I find my tactical options limited with the lower number of bots to boss about.

Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

Unfortunatly (for me) I'm already back which means that Junglist may now wrangle 8 bots. If you want more - tell me.

About the scenario list: the 'official' list is far from complete either. But as I've said, I will run any list (if its a long list I would ask you to compile it youserlf - see ScenarioList.dat in the /data directory).

About the Hurricanes: without having played it, if its only the Hurris but not the Ariels then its because the last update brought a change of the center of gravity in many units.

Was: 0.0

Now: -3.0

I don't know why that has changed.