Creature Zoo 3

poesel

Originally posted by Redcon-5:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aittam:

The Infantry's ATGM needs fixing urgently, right now is useless at short distance, and at long too 'cause you need to shot it up in the sky and then bring it down but trying in the mean time to avoid collision with the ground

it happens since the new launcher has been introduced

Don't worry I know what is wrong. I was trying to limit the range it could fire (guess I did too good of a job). I'll have it fixed for the next update. </font>

Got in on the Sunday matches late. JBY, Poesel, Nexus were there. Only got to play one game before everyone left, I must have sucked so bad they all had to leave.

I played my snipers again, but the server was jumpy, which crushed my accuracy. And Poesel and Nexus figuered out the classic countersniper tactic- bum rush the sniper.

They flushed my team out several times and killed them. A rifle squad outmatches a sniper team in an infantry gunfight easily.

I guess Nexus got his revenge! At least, until next time....

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

Got in on the Sunday matches late. JBY, Poesel, Nexus were there. Only got to play one game before everyone left, I must have sucked so bad they all had to leave.

Yeah, that was the reason. :D

About the server being jumpy: not for me so that is probably just the physical distance between you and the server.

Sniper vs rifle: I actually like it that way. Theres not much you can do against them but listening or guessing where they are and try to drop on their heads. What the sniper can do (and you did!) is try to shoot down the drop pod. The game balance inf vs inf is IMHO very good.

Yeah, good games today! Though it WAS a little choppy (makes it difficult to zoom in on Nexus or Jung while seated in my Arial!)

This thing about the distance from the client to the server.,is there not a server closer to this part of the world? (Western United States). Or maybe I should rephrase that., Is there anyone over here beefy enough to provide a server?

Or maybe I just don't know WHAT the HELL I'm talking about! :rolleyes:

Anyway..Hey Nexus and Jung, good fricken shooting today! I admit though that I DID want to step on your finger a few times Jung! :D

Originally posted by poesel71:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

Yeah, that was the reason. :D

About the server being jumpy: not for me so that is probably just the physical distance between you and the server.

Sniper vs rifle: I actually like it that way. Theres not much you can do against them but listening or guessing where they are and try to drop on their heads. What the sniper can do (and you did!) is try to shoot down the drop pod. The game balance inf vs inf is IMHO very good. </font>

Good games this weekend on CZ.

Saturday house to house with BBoyle vs. 3 opponnents. BB went into a killing spree while I

cuttered around and placed turrets.

I tried the same on Sunday with Bane vs. Jung, Nexus and Poesel (joined midgame). While Bane didn´t have quite the killing efficiency of BB he managed to keep three seasoned DT veterans on edge while I managed to take some important facilities in the last 5 game minutes on my nexttolast cutter.

so much for the victories, but I had some most interesting defeats too smile.gif

Recon in Force as attacker. The defenders had placed mines around and were patrolling the perimeter with ariels. I first tried arty, followed by nebelwerfer salvos, but didn´t manage to kill the ion tower. Things were getting rather desperate so i tried smoke followed by a hail of turrets onto the base with AA turrets in a circle around the base. to my surprise it worked! most of my turrets got through and I raced into the base in my Ariel 90mm. There i had 5min of glory as the defenders frantically tried to drop into their base and were slaughtered by the AA emplacements. Sadly the bots were too stupid to reinforce my position (mines everywhere) and the defenders retook the base in the last minutes (800 to 400 points IIRC).

I won´t mention the following attack in Raid (where I was joined by IG), just too humiliating. smile.gif

[ April 02, 2007, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: __Yossarian0815[jby] ]

On the game mechanics. I wonder if the Ariel 90mm isn´t a wee bit too powerful. I think the double barrellexd 76mm is just right. Thoughts?

I really like the troop carrier thor. Ideal for storming bases infested with pesky 76mm turrets. smile.gif

Nobody uses the styx. Maybe a 20mm would make it more interesting?

The dragon teeth are very useful. IMHO we could get rid of the mines completely and replace them by dragon teeth. They do the same thing but aren´t lethal to your own bots.

[ April 02, 2007, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: __Yossarian0815[jby] ]

On the game mechanics. I wonder if the Ariel 90mm isn´t a wee bit too powerful. I think the double barrellexd 76mm is just right. Thoughts?

I wrote that in another thread: I'm going to make it slightly less powerful (ROF, armour, speed, accuracy)

I really like the troop carrier thor. Ideal for storming bases infested with pesky 76mm turrets. smile.gif

Glad somebody likes it. So is it ok as is or does it need some changes?

Nobody uses the styx. Maybe a 20mm would make it more interesting?

The bots do because they think its a Hurricane... :cool:

Its purpose was mainly for water maps to have something that could bring in Inf fast under AA cover. I don't see it as an attack vehicle - the 14mm is just to keep other inf at bay. How about more speed, more ammo or a jammer?

The dragon teeth are very useful. IMHO we could get rid of the mines completely and replace them by dragon teeth. They do the same thing but aren´t lethal to your own bots.

I like both. You can't see mines from far away and IIRC we will get more mine removing possibilities in the future (HE).

Originally posted by poesel71:

Glad somebody likes it. So is it ok as is or does it need some changes?

I like it the way it is, to me its a bit like the late war shermans with additional armor for flushing out strong points. something with which you can poke your nose into a sensor jammed base and don´t get killed by the first shot.

Its purpose was mainly for water maps to have something that could bring in Inf fast under AA cover. I don't see it as an attack vehicle - the 14mm is just to keep other inf at bay. How about more speed, more ammo or a jammer?

if possible I would like a hovercraft version of the hermes, maybe even without an "active" gun, just an autocannon, something with which to race into a mine protected base that has been cleared of enemy units, to give some temporary air cover.

I like both. You can't see mines from far away and IIRC we will get more mine removing possibilities in the future (HE).
We had mine removal by HE at the beginning of DT and that made the mines useless. But in the same vein, the dragon teeth should be moveble, i.e by a cutter.

edit: for CZ specifically, since we have both , I think the number of mines should be reduced, so that we don´t get those "impregnable fortresses" completely sorrounded by mines and dragon teeth.

Oh, and please add a CTF map to CZ, so we can see how the dragon teeth can be used to protect the flag smile.gif

[ April 02, 2007, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: __Yossarian0815[jby] ]

jby, that was a fun game...I was lucky to stumble on five or six of their cutters and knock them out all at once. I think that forced jung, et alia out of their game and let me simply hunt the rest of the cutters and avoid difficult engagements. I do think the Ariel is pretty powerful but it is very vulnerable to arty and for some reason is an ATGM magnet. The bots crushed me the other day with mortars and shrikes.

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bboyle:

jby, that was a fun game...I was lucky to stumble on five or six of their cutters and knock them out all at once.

hehe, no matter how hard you try, in "house to house" the involuntary bot-cutter charge is the bane of the unwary team. </font>