Creature Zoo 3

poesel

New version is out. Download at:

Creature Zoo

Download, unzip, choose mod, restart, enjoy smile.gif

Heres the description:

- Shrike ATM: Ammo 30, triple shot, light mortar equiv.~

- Paladin RA-M (Nebelwerfer): Ammo 70, 7 shot, great spread, medium mortar equiv. - no turret turning!~

- Paladin RA-H: Ammo 15, single shot, direct, low spread heavy mortar equiv.~

- Hurricane T (Styx): troop transport (2 teams)~

- MBT KC-Hm: added light mortar~

- Ariel KC-M: faster Tempest with jammer and a twin 76mm, no HE~

- Ariel KC-h: faster Tempest with 90mm cannon, no HE~

- Apollo KC-M4: quad 76mm, no HE~

- MBT T KC-L: Thor troop carrier with 20mm (2 teams), more ammo~

- ATGM Infantry Squad (Redcon-5): 3 rifle, 2 ATGM infantry~

- Sniper Infantry Team (Redcon-5): 2 Snipers, 1 CMD infantry~

- Dragon teeth (Nexus6): deployable tank barricade~

~

new in v3:~

Apollo KC-M4~

Dragon teeth (Nexus6)~

~

removed in v3:~

Paladin KC-M4 (too strong)~

~

changes to v2:~

New 3D model for the 90mm of the Ariel KC-h~

Increased (+10%) speed for the Styx~

Increased thruster spacing for the Ariel for more longitudinal stability~

Increased sides,back,top armour, acceleration and speed for the MBT-T~

Added zoom level for the quad 76mm, increased spread & acceleration~

~

Its running:

ReconInForce.scenario

Objective

IwoJimaP.scenario

Objective

HouseToHouse.scenario

Territory

mesa.scenario

Objective

What I would especially like to know how you like how the Apollo KC-M4 drives. I've upped the acceleration quite a bit and that IMHO feels more like a light tank.

IG, why didn't you rejoin? We waited for you.

This version of the Zoo seems to be quite more unstable than the last. It crashed again 6h after the restart. Sorry for that but I don't know why (nothig in the log) and I can't change that.

replacing the quad paladin with a quad apollo is an excellent idea. it balances the killer qualities with lower survivability (ist that a word? smile.gif ).

I´m not sure yet if I like the increased speed.

didn´t test the dragon teeth yet.

the LTOW inf does not work at all.

I noticed that some of the sniper inf have camoed backpacks now, very nice.

The improved armor of the troop transport MBT was definitely noticeable. Really hard to kill.

dragon´s teeth update:

I was initially worried that the dragons teeth would provide too much cover. What I mean is that the AI might not be able to fire through the gaps. In computer games WYSIWYG isn´t always the case (think of PzIV turrets in CM. small visually, but large to the enemy due to game engine limits) So I built a wall of dt and placed several turrets behind. The attacking bots had no problems killing the turrets. "realism test" passed.

Then I built a rough and sloppy dragons teeth perimiter around an objective leaving several thor-sized gaps. Unfortunately the bots were not able to maneuver through the gaps. (I was)

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

the bots were not able to maneuver through the gaps.

Finally! An effective means of bot wrangling! tongue.gif

I'm hoping to have the Ramses up and running for the next update, if I can figure out these bleeping coordinates :mad:

jby, the speed of tha Apollo KC-M4 did not increase, its just the acceleration. If you think thats too much I can turn it a bit back in the next iteration.

What I like about this unit is the distinct sound it makes. If you hear this pum-pum-pum-pum you better make sure its from your own unit.

I hope the MBT-T now finds some uses.

The Styx hasn't found many friends yet but its probably because its mostly useful in water scenarios. OTOH the bots seem to think its a Hurricane...

Unfortunatly the Zoo is now VERY unstable and lasts only a few hours. I'll try to whip a restart script together.

Lite TOW? That sounds like a light beer..blah! How about Dragon squad since the dragon missile was your original concept?..or what is the Greek name for Dragon?

But there is a problem with the squad in Zoo 3. The new launcher looks cool (as well as the new sniper rifle for the sniper team), but the missiles often fire right out into the dirt. Not as bad as that French missile video, but the missiles keep crashing into the dirt when fired on flat ground. Their trajectory seems to have been changed. I would make it the way they functioned before. I like the reduced round count, I think that is more balanced.

For the sniper rifle, is it possible to apply the vehicle camo schemes to the weapons (woodland, desert, artic)? That would look cool.

"Guided RPG" is an oxymoron, just like "military intelligence".

The dragon's teeth are great, but they are little big in my opinion. The should only come up to the tracks of a Thor, right now they tower over the vehicles. Can they roll if a HE blast knockes them over or anything like that? Last of all, can a cutter push them out of the way with its dozer blade?

Really appreciate the continual improvement, thanks everyone!

Originally posted by poesel71:

jby, the speed of tha Apollo KC-M4 did not increase, its just the acceleration. If you think thats too much I can turn it a bit back in the next iteration.

redface.gif

speed perception:

Heisenberg (driving a car) is stopped by the police.

Officer: Do you know how fast you were driving?

Heisenberg: No, but I know exactly where I am.

[ March 18, 2007, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: __Yossarian0815[jby] ]

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

Can they roll if a HE blast knockes them over or anything like that? Last of all, can a cutter push them out of the way with its dozer blade?

no & no.

That is I think I moved one with a mortar, but only after trying 20 times.

BTW the dt are treated like mines, so you can´t extract them like turrets. good thing that, I was already imagining people (like me :D ) building a dt wall around their flag and using the dt as a door. Whether they can be removed by a Viper, dunno, I´ll leave that to Chili & Phonan to test.

The Infantry's ATGM needs fixing urgently, right now is useless at short distance, and at long too 'cause you need to shot it up in the sky and then bring it down but trying in the mean time to avoid collision with the ground

it happens since the new launcher has been introduced

Theres now a cronjob running that checks if CZ is still there every minute. So if it crashes (and doesn't leave a zombie behind) it will be automatically restarted at max a minute later (plus loading time).

If that doesn't work you are out of luck because I'm gone skiing for a week... :D

Originally posted by aittam:

The Infantry's ATGM needs fixing urgently, right now is useless at short distance, and at long too 'cause you need to shot it up in the sky and then bring it down but trying in the mean time to avoid collision with the ground

it happens since the new launcher has been introduced

Don't worry I know what is wrong. I was trying to limit the range it could fire (guess I did too good of a job). I'll have it fixed for the next update.

Originally posted by poesel71:

Theres now a cronjob running that checks if CZ is still there every minute. So if it crashes (and doesn't leave a zombie behind) it will be automatically restarted at max a minute later (plus loading time).

If that doesn't work you are out of luck because I'm gone skiing for a week... :D

Have a great time Poesel!